What's new

Terpenes

andipandi

Legend
What are terpenes?

Most commonly associated with cannabidiol (CBD), terpenes are aromatic compounds that give plants their distinct smells. Part of the reason terpenes have become so closely associated with CBD is because cannabis plants have extremely high concentrations of terpenes, which accounts for the pungent skunk-like smell.

Many plants, not just cannabis plants, contain terpenes -you can generally tell by smelling the plant. For example, lavender, rosemary, mint and citrus plants all have terpenes. Terpenes generally have specific roles in a plant's life, such as attracting pollinators, warding off predators and helping plants recover from injuries. Many people confuse terpenes and cannabinoids or use the terms interchangeably.

Terpenes include only the aromatic compounds that give plants their distinct scents, and cannabinoids are compounds that act on your endocannabinoid system and produce mood-altering or physical effects. For instance, THC is the cannabinoid that gets you "high" and CBD is the cannabinoid often used for its pain relief properties.

While both terpenes and cannabinoids are bioactive (they affect the human body), your body processes the two types of compounds differently. Terpenes alone probably don't contribute to mental euphoria or measurable physical effects, although some research suggests that terpenes may enhance the effects induced by CBD.

terpenes.jpg

@Banjostring, Big Juice Terpenes arrived today mate (10ml bottle for size comparison). Whilst the bottles appear to be substantially leak proof - thank fcuk, getting the liquid out is another matter. I ended up using a pipette, combined with a blunt needle syringe, roughly 5 drops of the Indica Blend, in 5ml of pg. Recommended ratio is 1-3%, that is imo insane and would be highly wasteful and expensive - no doubt a good Big Juice business model though :18:

Vaped via a dripper, a few drops of the diluted terpenes and some eliquid on top. First tug, straight off the bat I knew there was something good and proper going on here, I could both taste it and feel it. As per usual I've had back pain today, less than a couple of minutes after a vape, I'm not in pain, and I'm getting a mild relaxing head rush, it might just be a self fulfilling prophecy, self hypnosis or whatever :doh:I've not bought theses terpenes to vape on their own, I intend to combine with my cbd and other herbal preparations, although I am actively avoiding "shrubbery". I also intend to get these into ejuice blends, esp. some baccy blends. I will add comments on the Mango Kush and the Cold Creek Kush once I've tried them.

Standard price £11.99 for 2ml ( I got 30% off, bank holiday discount), sounds a lot, it's certainly not cheap, but you can pay a lot more and still get scammed, I don't think there's any scamming going on with these Big Juice Terpenes. If you're looking for a full on legal head fuck, look elsewhere, we've been through this with cbd, it's not what these products are about. Used wisely and diligently though, terpenes can greatly help with your aches, pains and other medical afflictions, both mental and physical, just don't expect miracles.

Last edited:
Nice one mate, thanks for that. I forget where you got them from, was it nomnomz?

What are terpenes?

Most commonly associated with cannabidiol (CBD), terpenes are aromatic compounds that give plants their distinct smells. Part of the reason terpenes have become so closely associated with CBD is because cannabis plants have extremely high concentrations of terpenes, which accounts for the pungent skunk-like smell.

Many plants, not just cannabis plants, contain terpenes -you can generally tell by smelling the plant. For example, lavender, rosemary, mint and citrus plants all have terpenes. Terpenes generally have specific roles in a plant's life, such as attracting pollinators, warding off predators and helping plants recover from injuries. Many people confuse terpenes and cannabinoids or use the terms interchangeably.

Terpenes include only the aromatic compounds that give plants their distinct scents, and cannabinoids are compounds that act on your endocannabinoid system and produce mood-altering or physical effects. For instance, THC is the cannabinoid that gets you "high" and CBD is the cannabinoid often used for its pain relief properties.

While both terpenes and cannabinoids are bioactive (they affect the human body), your body processes the two types of compounds differently. Terpenes alone probably don't contribute to mental euphoria or measurable physical effects, although some research suggests that terpenes may enhance the effects induced by CBD.

View attachment 247987

@Banjostring, Big Juice Terpenes arrived today mate (10ml bottle for size comparison). Whilst the bottles appear to be substantially leak proof - thank fcuk, getting the liquid out is another matter. I ended up using a pipette, combined with a blunt needle syringe, roughly 5 drops of the Indica Blend, in 5ml of pg. Recommended ratio is 1-3%, that is imo insane and would be highly wasteful and expensive - no doubt a good Big Juice business model though :18:

Vaped via a dripper, a few drops of the diluted terpenes and some eliquid on top. First tug, straight off the bat I knew there was something good and proper going on here, I could both taste it and feel it. As per usual I've had back pain today, less than a couple of minutes after a vape, I'm not in pain, and I'm getting a mild relaxing head rush, it might just be a self fulfilling prophecy, self hypnosis or whatever :doh:I've not bought theses terpenes to vape on their own, I intend to combine with my cbd and other herbal preparations, although I am actively avoiding "shrubbery". I also intend to get these into ejuice blends, esp. some baccy blends. I will add comments on the Mango Kush and the Cold Creek Kush once I've tried them.

Standard price £11.99 for 2ml ( I got 30% off, bank holiday discount), sounds a lot, it's certainly not cheap, but you can pay a lot more and still get scammed, I don't think there's any scamming going on with these Big Juice Terpenes. If you're looking for a full on legal head fuck, look elsewhere, we've been through this with cbd, it's not what these products are about. Used wisely and diligently though, terpenes can greatly help with your aches, pains and other medical afflictions, both mental and physical, just don't expect miracles.

Nice write up!

I tried terpenes and they are bloody deliciously awesome :)

just wanted to check what you said about "Recommended ratio is 1-3%" is that really enough for the flavor? or this is recommended just for the effects side of things? And ad more flavor separately?

Thanks

or this is recommended just for the effects side of things? And ad more flavor separately?

Could be me, but these terpenes, like others I've bought before, have that toilet rim block taste, although much reduced with these ones. Tbh I've now tried the Cold Creek Kush and the Indica Blend and they both taste quite similar. They need something added, for flavour - and to hide that rim block taste, I might try some FA licorice. Certainly helped with my pain and I was ever so slightly on a different planet - slightly monged out. It's all about symptomatic relief, these terpenes appear to do that, I cant be assed meeting drug dealers and shit. This country is so backward, I (like many others), should be able to get access to medical cannabis, proper stuff, not the pharma crap - which 99.9% of people cant access anyway.

just wanted to check what you said about "Recommended ratio is 1-3%" is that really enough for the flavor?

1-3% would be ridiculous and extremely wasteful imo, I mixed around 7 to 8 drops in 5ml of pg/vg, it's a bastard getting the terpenes out of the bottle, these things need to be precise, I ended up using...

pipette.jpg

Could be me, but these terpenes, like others I've bought before, have that toilet rim block taste, although much reduced with these ones. Tbh I've now tried the Cold Creek Kush and the Indica Blend and they both taste quite similar. They need something added, for flavour - and to hide that rim block taste, I might try some FA licorice. Certainly helped with my pain and I was ever so slightly on a different planet - slightly monged out. It's all about symptomatic relief, these terpenes appear to do that, I cant be assed meeting drug dealers and shit. This country is so backward, I (like many others), should be able to get access to medical cannabis, proper stuff, not the pharma crap - which 99.9% of people cant access anyway.

1-3% would be ridiculous and extremely wasteful imo, I mixed around 7 to 8 drops in 5ml of pg/vg, it's a bastard getting the terpenes out of the bottle, these things need to be precise, I ended up using...

View attachment 248032
I'm wondering if this would be any use to my OH. She doesn't massviely enjoy vaping, but she can handle it if she has to.

Andy, could I just buy one of these suckers and put a few drops into some VG? You say 7-8 drops into 5ml, so I'm thinking I might double or triple that as she's not a vape monster.

Andy, could I just buy one of these suckers and put a few drops into some VG? You say 7-8 drops into 5ml, so I'm thinking I might double or triple that as she's not a vape monster.

Yes you could, but for what condition, pain, something else, physical, mental health, both? I'm not sure your wife will like the taste of this range, she might be better off with cbd. These arent like sweet tasting yummy eliquids, people don't realise that terpenes are used in everyday items like cosmetic products, soap, washing up liquid, other detergents and even bleach. Terpenes are really for supercharging other products, rather than to be used standalone, it's actually quite a complex subject.

As an aside, I may not be getting the full flavour profiles (here) because of my chronic vapers tongue and it's fair to say that for some people vapers tongue is exacerbated by these sorts of products, and or by the use of dry herb vapourisers / smoking shrubbery etc, all a bit of a minefield tbh.

View attachment 248032

thanks! I am tempted to order some mango kush and adding to the some mango juice I am steeping, I think it will compliment it nicely . I could do with something to take the edge of some chronic pain...

Back
Top Bottom