What's new

Know very little about CBD. Question about cream/ointments

Darreng

Hi
My father has various problems (osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, anxiety)
He’s really suffering atm and has slept like 4hrs in a week. I really want to get him some help

he won’t vape or smoke as he’s quit smoking and he’s scared of getting the urge again

I thought of cbd oil, the vape shop here has 2000mg & 3000mg but as he’s on a ton of medication, I’m hesitant to try anything that could make him ill

I thought maybe cream or lotion maybe a better idea as I saw it doesn’t enter bloodstream

any advice would be really appreciated

Hi @Darreng and welcome to the planet.

Moving this post to the cbd section where it might get more replies.

Thank you
your welcome.

What was the make youve seen that sell 2000 and 3000mg

Im no expert when it comes to cbd but while you wait for replys heres another option. Tinctures under the tongue oral drops.

The market has been flooded in the last couple of years and there is a lot of crap out there that are just out to make a quick buck so never buy anything before asking here first.
some shops are selling so called high strength for under a tenner which im guessing will be crap as higher quality can vary from £50-100 a bottle.
I suffer with arthritis and tried a few back in the day but be it vape or oral tincture drops they didnt help with pain but did help me sleep better but i was already on either codein or morphine as well so it may of just given that bit extra to relax me at night.

Just for an example Dinner Lady are a well known and trusted company. here is their tincture drop to give a guide of whats out there https://www.vapedinnerlady.com/collections/cbd-oral-drops-and-tinctures?page=2

Also maybe a good idea to speak to your dads GP to see if he can advise on what he thinks on cbd and the meds your dad is taking.

your welcome.

What was the make youve seen that sell 2000 and 3000mg

Im no expert when it comes to cbd but while you wait for replys heres another option. Tinctures under the tongue oral drops.

The market has been flooded in the last couple of years and there is a lot of crap out there that are just out to make a quick buck so never buy anything before asking here first.
some shops are selling so called high strength for under a tenner which im guessing will be crap as higher quality can vary from £50-100 a bottle.
I suffer with arthritis and tried a few back in the day but be it vape or oral tincture drops they didnt help with pain but did help me sleep better but i was already on either codein or morphine as well so it may of just given that bit extra to relax me at night.

Just for an example Dinner Lady are a well known and trusted company. here is their tincture drop to give a guide of whats out there https://www.vapedinnerlady.com/collections/cbd-oral-drops-and-tinctures?page=2

Also maybe a good idea to speak to your dads GP to see if he can advise on what he thinks on cbd and the meds your dad is taking.
I was thinking ointment may be worth trying as i believe it won’t enter his bloodstream & possibly effect his medication, so he could have some relief this weekend as he can’t see his Dr until next week

I’m in the UK, but will have a look at that website now. Thank you

I was thinking ointment may be worth trying as i believe it won’t enter his bloodstream & possibly effect his medication, so he could have some relief this weekend as he can’t see his Dr until next week

I’m in the UK, but will have a look at that website now. Thank you
not heard much about creams and ointments so no idea how active they are.

I’m going to wait now until he’s talked to his dr, as he’s on a lot of heavy medication so don’t want to risk causing any further problems.
Also just realised I wrote ‘No’ in the title instead of ‘know’
Thank you for your help !

I’m going to wait now until he’s talked to his dr, as he’s on a lot of heavy medication so don’t want to risk causing any further problems.
Also just realised I wrote ‘No’ in the title instead of ‘know’
Thank you for your help !
Missed that. Ive edited it for you.
Keep us updated on what gp says as plenty on here with medical conditions and could be useful for others.

I thought of cbd oil, the vape shop here has 2000mg & 3000mg but as he’s on a ton of medication, I’m hesitant to try anything that could make him ill
How many different medicines and medications is your father on? I gave someone I knew some cbd to vape a few years ago. Next time i saw her and asked how she got on she told me she ended up in resus at A&E, without warning she'd fainted and passed out, at work. Turns out she was on 50 odd different daily meds (I never asked, she never said) and had caned most of the 10ml of cbd in less than 24 hours :11:

As you state "A ton of medication" I suggest you require proper professional advice before going down the cbd route. Your doctor is unlikely to be experienced in things cbd related, most aren't and hence will probably advise against using cbd. You could perhaps try a qualified herbalist (check qualifications very carefully), also join The Original CBD Users UK Facebook group and or find some other resources. Please be very careful .

I thought maybe cream or lotion maybe a better idea as I saw it doesn’t enter bloodstream
Skin is a living organ, so whilst it may not enter the bloodstream ( I have no idea about that), other organs and bodily things might be affected, via absorption through the skin :hmm:

He’s really suffering atm and has slept like 4hrs in a week.
Cbd doesn't help around 15% of users sleep, for some it can do the opposite, I'm in that group. One often doesn't know till one tries cbd though.

Edit: ninja'd by

Correct decision :)

Last edited:
How many different medicines and medications is your father on? I gave someone I knew some cbd to vape a few years ago. Next time i saw her and asked how she got on she told me she ended up in resus at A&E, without warning she'd fainted and passed out, at work. Turns out she was on 50 odd different daily meds (I never asked, she never said) and had caned most of the 10ml of cbd in less than 24 hours :11:

As you state "A ton of medication" I suggest you require proper professional advice before going down the cbd route. Your doctor is unlikely to be experienced in things cbd related, most aren't and hence will probably advise against using cbd. You could perhaps try a qualified herbalist (check qualifications very carefully), also join The Original CBD Users UK Facebook group and or find some other resources. Please be very careful .

Skin is a living organ, so whilst it may not enter the bloodstream ( I have no idea about that), other organs and bodily things might be affected, via absorption through the skin :hmm:

Cbd doesn't help around 15% of users sleep, for some it can do the opposite, I'm in that group. One often doesn't know till one tries cbd though.

Edit: ninja'd by

Correct decision :)
Thank you
I didn’t want to do anything until I know for sure it won’t effect his medication (he’s on blood pressure tablets & anti depressants, amongst others) I’ll wait & see what they say. If he gets the all clear, I’ll return here

thank you both for all your help

Back
Top Bottom