What's new

Interesting Article

Looks like the big boys are going for it...just done the sums (well tried too) on what they are charging per ml for the % etc..as usual a nice pretty and glossy site aimed at housewives by the look of it...no offence housewives..or am I just being cynical

https://okcbd.co.uk/

The price varies wildly. I paid £27 for 1g of isolate, and au think it’s good stuff, works for my purpose anyway. But it seems premixed it can work our way more expensive than that.

The price varies wildly. I paid £27 for 1g of isolate, and au think it’s good stuff, works for my purpose anyway. But it seems premixed it can work our way more expensive than that.
I don’t know much about CBD as yet I’m still learning..
I’m starting on some CBD capsules 50mg at 12.5% CBD tomorrow as a start..I’ve read that a dose of 25mg a day is the way to go but like I say I don’t know..it’s going to be a suck it and see..
Yes I find the premixed very confusing with the different strengths etc.

I just use it now and again to get me to sleep, and it works very well for that. I think your plan is probably the best way to start if you’re looking for it to help with ongoing difficulties and take it every day. I’ve read that under the tongue oil is a good way as well.

I just use it now and again to get me to sleep, and it works very well for that. I think your plan is probably the best way to start if you’re looking for it to help with ongoing difficulties and take it every day. I’ve read that under the tongue oil is a good way as well.
Yes sounds good..done a lot of reading online and had some good advice here..
My aim is to try and reduce the amount of morphine I use and hoping it will help with ptsd symptoms and as you help with sleep..

Good information
Consider Why Your Health Would Benefit from CBD
Cannabinoids such as CBD have a dizzying array of functions in the human body, influencing everything from inflammation to anxiety and depression. You don’t necessarily need to have a serious illness to benefit from CBD; even healthy individuals can experience a remarkable increase in their quality of life with its use.

The following is a chart of illnesses/conditions that whose symptoms may be relieved by CBD:

Keep in mind that this CBD benefits list is in no way complete; we are only beginning to discover how cannabinoids can help.

Know You Cannot Overdose on CBD
There is no established lethal dose of CBD, and chronic use/high doses of up to 1500 mg per day (30x MORE than the COR Serving Standard!) have been repeatedly shownto be well tolerated by humans.

As with any natural product, it is important to speak with your physician prior to beginning use. There are some slight risks associated with using CBD in high doses or for extended periods of time, including:

• Mild Low Blood Pressure
  • Dry Mouth
  • Lightheadedness
  • Sedation
  • Reduced activity of T and B Cells
  • Decreased Fertilization Capacity
  • Reduced p-Glycoprotein activity
  • Reduced activity of Cytochrome P450 (CYP450) Enzyme
Keep in mind that these side effects illustrate worst-case scenarios with CBD, and are not necessarily typical.

There is one major exception to the “generally harmless” attitude about CBD and that is the negative effect cannabinoids can have on the functioning of the liver’s CYP450 enzyme. Approximately 60% of all pharmaceutical drugs undergo metabolism by this enzyme, including:

• Steroids
  • HMG CoA reductase inhibitors
  • Calcium channel blockers
  • Antihistamines
  • Prokinetics
  • HIV-antivirals
  • Immune modulators
  • Benzodiazepines
  • Antiarrhythmics
  • Antibiotics
  • Anesthetics
  • Antipsychotics
  • Antidepressants
  • Anti-epileptics
  • Beta blockers
  • PPIs
  • NSAIDs
  • Angiotensin II blockers
  • Oral hypoglycemic agents
  • Sulfonylureas
Before you start taking CBD, please read about drug interactions.

It is important to note that even something as benign as grapefruit juice can cause the same CYP450 enzyme inhibitory action as CBD.

The most important things to do before taking CBD (or any other herbal product) are research any possible drug interactions and talk with your physician to address any additional questions regarding CBD drug interactions or overdose concerns. You and your doctor together will always know best!

Understand How Your Genetics Impact CBD Dosing
As if you didn’t have enough factors to consider when deciding your ideal CBD oil dosage, now you have to think about how your own genetics can impact this amount.

Some individuals have been found to have mutations on the CNR1 gene, which is responsible for coding the CB1 receptor (a type of receptor in cells throughout your body that interacts with cannabinoids). Issues with the CNR1 gene can ultimately result in a poorly functioning endocannabinoid system, which is an important variable when figuring out how to use CBD oil.

Here are some other cellular-level factors that can affect how CBD is absorbed in your body:

Various substances can profoundly affect CB1 receptors. Certain lifestyle choices can impact how your body metabolizes CBD.

What does this mean? Well, for example, THC increases the activity of CB1 receptors [1], while ethanol (alcohol) increases its expression [2]. So, theoretically, smoking cannabis and drinking alcohol may increase the effects of CBD.

Morphine and epinephrine decrease the activity of the CB1 receptor [3],[4].

What does this mean? It may mean those currently using opiates could, with approval and guidance from their physician, find CBD useful in decreasing opiate use .

Exercise and nicotine both increase anandamide levels (while similar to THC – this is a cannabinoid that we naturally synthesize in our brains) which is a natural CB1 receptor activator [5].

What does this mean? Being active, as well as ingesting nicotine (while the latter is not recommended), might increase the effects of CBD.

DHA (an omega-3 fatty acid) increases CB1 receptors [6].

What does this mean? Theoretically, those eating a diet rich in fatty fish would naturally need to use less CBD oil.

Prolonged elevated glucocorticoids (such as cortisol) reduce CB1 receptor density [7].

What does this mean? Those under high levels of chronic stress would potentially need higher CBD oil dosage to achieve the same effects achieved by people who are not chronically stressed.

We are only beginning to understand genetics, and as such it’s a good idea to take anything related to this emerging science with a grain of salt. As with any natural substance, consult with your physician about any questions and/or concerns you may have regarding CBD and how to use CBD oil.

Rest Easy Knowing CBD Oil Is Not Physically Addictive
People often ask us, “Can I get addicted to CBD oil?” This is a tricky question, and the answer ultimately depends on your school of thought.

Based strictly on chemistry, the answer is no. Cannabidiol is not physically addictive in the same way substances like heroin, cocaine, alcohol, opiates, benzodiazepines, and related substances can be. Further, CBD cannot produce any physical withdrawal symptoms in and of itself upon cessation of use.

(Interestingly, CBD is currently undergoing study for its ability to minimize withdrawal from drugs with severe cessation symptoms, like opiates.)

However, human beings can get addicted to just about anything that isn’t chemically addicting: exercise, music, sex, and food are great examples.

Those who take CBD daily to relieve symptoms of chronic illness and other severe conditions may find that their unpleasant sensations return shortly after they miss a dose. This is no different than one’s headache returning once the effects of ibuprofen wear off.

However, because CBD can alter the levels of essential liver enzymes, it is crucial to do your research, talk to your physician, and figure out the best way to take CBD oil for your specific situation. Information and education will be your allies in your quest for healing.

https://cbdoilreview.org/cbd-cannabidiol/cbd-dosage/

https://cbdoilreview.org/cbd-cannabidiol/cbd-p-450-enzyme/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom