What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Food for thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, I don't agree. It might not be addictive for you, that's all ... same as me and alcohol.

It might... but then CBD vaping chat would move into the 'regular' vaping areas and I don't think that's a good trade off. I think how it is now is fine, sorry but I do.

It will more than likely remain as is Si. But i do feel that a test of removing the CBD thread for a while would show wether it's helpful to prevent.
Addictions usually take hold after a 72 hour period of using some drugs. Maybe this applies to some but not all folks. Now you say you have a drink now and again snap so do i, but i spend weeks and months without this is why both of us are not alcoholics, Alcoholics start early morning till sleep and every day.
I also have umpteen mates who smoked weed and no longer do, they too had no issues stopping. I think some folks have no knowledge and think its drugs its addictive. The addiction in some is mental rather than Physical for weed. No one has physical issues like Heroin users or Alcoholics. The exception being loss of pain relief thats the only physical thing from quitting.

I don't want CBD moving to general chat etc, i agree on that. My request there was similar to here try vaping for a couple of weeks if it don't work you could return to smoking. If the removal for 2 weeks or a month where to happen it would give an indication whether the CBD section works or provides a thread that could be used for Chat. Like vaping you won't know unless you try it. Does that make sense.

Sorry @crustyfolker but I truly believe that either you don't actually know what addiction is, or that you have decided upon your own interpretation of it.

Alcohol is addictive (ALL alcohol, whether it's in lager, vodka, absinthe or sherry).

Nicotine is addictive.

Caffeine is addictive.

Gambling is addictive.

Computer games are addictive.

Weed, surprise surprise, is addictive.

There are many cases of people who can do any or all of these things and not develop an addiction, but that doesn't mean there is no addictive aspect to them.

Please be a little more coherent.

It doesn't really matter if it's addictive or not anyway... that's not why you can't talk about it here.

Sorry @crustyfolker but I truly believe that either you don't actually know what addiction is, or that you have decided upon your own interpretation of it.

Alcohol is addictive (ALL alcohol, whether it's in lager, vodka, absinthe or sherry).

Nicotine is addictive.

Caffeine is addictive.

Gambling is addictive.

Computer games are addictive.

Weed, surprise surprise, is addictive.

There are many cases of people who can do any or all of these things and not develop an addiction, but that doesn't mean there is no addictive aspect to them.

Please be a little more coherent.

The problem here as i see it is you have no real proof. And i have experience so i can't agree with you.
Yes things are addictive, but as said i know lots of former weed smokers and none had issues with quitting. As posted just any weed addiction is just mentally, not physical. Lets just try and agree that it is no where near addictions from Booze, Heroin and other hard drugs. and not everyone who uses it over a period of time has issues unlike other drugs. Caffeine i feel is another addictive drug that is not that bad to quit. I went from coffee to decaff with no issue. I think it's down to each persons mentality how addictions affect them.
Not everyone is strong minded so some folks will have issues. what you are actually doing is putting people into a catergory that you feel is right, ie all w smokers are addicts or druggies, rather than respect the fact some of us need to use for pain relief. It also helps me to stay calm. Before i ever used i was fighting all the time, thats 30 year ago Luckily for me i found it helped curb my temper and i actually try and avoid such situations rather than go looking for them.

Last edited:
The problem here as i see it is you have no real proof. And i have experience so i can't agree with you.
Yes things are addictive, but as said i know lots of former weed smokers and none had issues with quitting. As posted just any weed addiction is just mentally, not physical. Lets just try and agree that it is no where near addictions from Booze, Heroin and other hard drugs.
Not everyone is strong minded so some folks will seem addicted to you maybe, what you are actually doing is putting people into a catergory that you feel is right, yet as said been there done it seen it.

this isn’t even something that there is any discussion over. there are people that start smoking as soon as they wake up in the morning and can’t go to their bed at night without having a smoke first, every day of their lives is consumed by smoking and everything they do revolves around smoking. this was me for many years.

that’s not to mention people whose mental health is wrecked by it and end up psychotic .

Yes things are addictive, but as said i know lots of former weed smokers and none had issues with quitting. As posted just any weed addiction is just mentally, not physical. Lets just try and agree that it is no where near addictions from Booze, Heroin and other hard drugs.
Not everyone is strong minded so some folks will seem addicted to you maybe, what you are actually doing is putting people into a catergory that you feel is right, yet as said been there done it seen it.

You know something, you sound identical to those American senators who say "I stopped smoking cold turkey and it was fine, therefore there's never any need to vape".

I have no respect for them either.

Personally I think the only harm that comes from the CBD section is from the accounts made to advertise dodgey websites/products but the staff do a very good job of keeping in top of that. I don't see any real reason to remove the CBD section, some people find the products discussed a massive help to them and others find they do absoloutely nothing for them, it's pretty evident reading through the topics that that's the case.
I can understand the arguement that it can give the impression that its o.k to discuss products which are not permitted to be spoken about on the forum (Herb Vapes, Buds etc) but again both forum members and staff usually correct people pretty quickly and shut it down. May be worth making a sticky in the section just to clarify what products are permitted for discussion, no need to remove the section though in my opinion.

this isn’t even something that there is any discussion over. there are people that start smoking as soon as they wake up in the morning and can’t go to their bed at night without having a smoke first, every day of their lives is consumed by smoking and everything they do revolves around smoking. this was me for many years.

that’s not to mention people whose mental health is wrecked by it and end up psychotic .

I agree with the Smoking thing i was told at a smoking cessation clinic by a nurse i knew and trust that Nicotine is a worse addiction than Heroin. To me i am glad the tobacco ban in 2030 is coming.
Now mental health a Phsycosis, this is true but it is a rare occurance and turn it round you are then saying your more concerned about a few people than all those who use for pain. I feel it's everyones own choice what to do, but feel some will try any argument to win and get there way. Basically your similar to big Tobacco trying to put folks off vaping so they smoke. You feel everyones gonna be a nut job so want no one to do something that is beneficial to there health which is why you mention Psycosis, like saying them vapes will give you popcorn lung. everyone is an individual our bodies work different so don't tar everyone with the same brush, that's unfair.
Mental health i am on Citalapram, not through psycosis, but due to issues in life, Family and loved ones unexpected deaths. Plus years of domestic violence from my ex wife. This is why i now live alone and with my sight i find life hard at times, i can't do everything myself some things i need help with, another reason why i got depressed at times, again i find weed beneficial as it helps keep me chilled rather than worrying about stuff that i would otherwise really worry about, At least now i am at a point in life where improvements have come along, I now have a Mrs who's a godsend, she's another who used to smoke w in the past and quit no issues. I would be up against it if i didn't have her i would struggle. In a way i would love to swap lives with you for a week, you would soon be begging for your own life back.

You know something, you sound identical to those American senators who say "I stopped smoking cold turkey and it was fine, therefore there's never any need to vape".

I have no respect for them either.

Thats your opinion not mine. As said you need to realise everyone is different, not all of us follow the masses, not all of us react the same to different stuff wether that be a food source. Have you ever smoked weed, if not then you have nothing worth saying, you are repeating stuff off the internet thats fake news. If you have then why are you not an addict, apperently you think it's addictive full stop, get in the real world mate find a forum that discusses what you think with actual evidence. you will find like anything consumable most folks are ok a few have problems. You could be allergic to nuts for instance yet i can eat them all day, can you see where i am coming from now. Basically you can't base an argument on stuff you have read etc. You are not thinking it through like you accused me of doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom