POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Does it stink like weed?

Discussion in 'CBD' started by starsky, Jan 21, 2019.

1. starsky

starsky Postman

Guys I’m thinking about giving this CBD lark a go. Two fold really; one for back and neuralgic pain (I had cauda equina syndrome and left with permanent nerve damage) and the other for anxiety.

Does vaping CBD smell like weed? There’s no way I could be caught smelling like I’d just smoked a fat blunt.

I’m not sure what I should be buying- I’m leaning towards just buying 10ml of juice and dripping it as/when but I’m a bit confused wether that should be vape juice with CBD in it or a concentrate or what. Can someone ping me a link to a specific product?

2. The Electronic Cigarette Company
  3. Mutley1

Mutley1 Achiever

none of the cbd i bought & used has smelt of weed & i currently using peng cbd & not even the slightesthind of weed smell thank fook.

4. starsky

starsky Postman

Thanks;

Would this be a good juice to start with to see how I get on?

https://www.chefscbd.com/e-liquids-c13/the-one-who-knocks-10mls-p318

I’m a bit confused by all the strengths - is this strong enough to do anything? Or is it concentrate people are using on a dripper

I’d use it on a dripper but don’t have one atm - any reason why I couldn’t drip it straight onto the coil/wick of a serpent mini down the drip tip hole?

5. Vape Green
  6. Ment

Ment Legend

That's relatively expensive. There's been a lot of discussion on this thread about one particular product:

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/.../threads/cheaper-way-to-vape-good-cbd.175652/

They recommend 3 drops of the concentrate in a dripper a few times a day:

https://www.ukcbdvape.com/product/3...x-cbd-concentrate-just-add-cbd-20ml-cbd-shot/

7. starsky

starsky Postman

I’m confused though- are you saying people mix this up to the 60ml by adding 40ml to it and then drip that or do you mean people are dripping this neat??

8. Ment

Ment Legend

I haven't received mine yet, but @Michael jackson has his and said the recommendation is 3 drops 3 times a day.

That one contains 150mg/ml, so if you wanted to use it like a normal vape you could dilute it 4:1 with your normal juice to give 30mg/ml, which is a reasonable starting point.

9. Herman

Herman Initiate

It doesn't stink. I even had juices that tried to mimic the flavour, but it's like those tobacco vape juices. It tastes kind of like the real thing, but it doesn't linger in the room.

10. ReservedCBD

ReservedCBD Postman

If want to avoid weed taste make sure they don’t include tinctures, these are starting to show there face in the market where it like extracted cannabis flavour? I don’t know much about them as I have no interest in making super lemon haze CBD

A lot cbd tent to taste like earthy, I have found poorer quality ones to taste metalic. We personally made ours tasteless but we do find some people like the earthy rich taste, it's all subjective to what you are looking for.

AnyWay to avoid weed taste ensure the cbd bottle doesn't hadoes cannabis strain name like lemon haze, gelato etc as they be packed full of tinture and if want to avoid soil taste avoid oil based or carrier oil which is usually coconut oil based cbd blends.

11. andi52

andi52 Achiever

Full spectrum can taste weedy, but no smell, isolate doesn't smell or taste weedy at all (to me).

If the lemon aspect is from proper terpenes then it will supercharge the cbd and it's medicinal effects and symptomatic relief. Its really got nothing to do with being like cannabis but some vendors and producers market it almost as a (fake) cannabis product, normally aimed at people who think they can get hammered on it, it really doesn't work like that.

The best product is one that delivers The Entourage Effect, to get that you need to buy under the counter or diy. In terms of cbd, full spectrum will get you the closest, but no cigar.

12. ReservedCBD

ReservedCBD Postman

Completely agree, and it angers me a little that they do it as it playing with fire.... Calling products after world know street name weed strains and saying it like the real thing screams more regulations! I know we need some but I don't want to see a whole tpd style scenario on cbd or worst a straight up banned market.

• Like Like x 3