What's new

Dank CBD Vape made me feel ill- need advice from experienced CBD vapers please

BlackCoffee

Postman
Hello fellow vapers. I am not sure if this is the right section to post this in, so if it isn't feel free to move it to the correct one mods.

I've been vaping the usual e-liquids for a few years so not new to vaping ( I gave up smoking in 2017).

I have a broken knee, and had an op to pin it together 4 weeks ago, and on and off been in a fair bit of pain since. I'll go for a few days when the knee is just a bit sore or will twinge when I get up, walk round my flat for awhile ( doing chores like washing up and putting things away; I'm not able to go out right now as I cannot manage steps and my front door has steps outside so I only go to my physio appointments via ambulance transport). But other days I'll get a few days in a row when my knee gets regular stabbing pains on and off all day ( which has been happening to me 5 days in a row t the moment). I've been taking paracetamol and ibuprofen as advised by my doctors, and keeping to the recommended doses. I'm very careful like that. I can't take codeine and other opiates as they upset my stomach.

I have been reading about CBD oil and its pain relieving properties.

My vape shop guy brought me round a CBD vape pen this evening ( about 8.25 pm). I'd rang him about it, and he uses it himself for pain from a previous injury and finds it very helpful. This is a trusted vape shop I know very well.

The CBD vape oil in the vape pen is Grandaddy Purple 600mg.

https://vapourzlounge.co.uk/product/purple-dabz-cbd-vape-cartridges-300-600-mg-granddaddy-purple/

I had 3-4 puffs ( with a few moments in between each one) and I was amazed that it stopped the pain in my knee and the stiffness too.

I've had a few more tokes since 8.20 pm spaced out, between 8.45 pm - 9.pm) but since then I have been getting the shakes like when you have too much caffeine, and I had to visit the loo for a number two twice and I'm a bit queasy ( sorry to be graphic).

The shakes are coming and going but getting less now.

I'm unsure why this would happen as from reading about vaping CBD oil I haven't seen anywhere where someone else has posted these effects.

Why would it happen to me?

Did I vape too much of it?

If so, how long will it be before it wears off?

I would welcome anyone's advice and knowledge of vaping CBD oil please.

it's a shame this happened because it has really helped my knee, but these other effects are most unwelcome. I will have to buy the CBD oil balm instead and out that on my knee.

P.S Just to give a context, I'm a 5'3 woman in her 50s.

As it says these have a 510 connection what mod are you using and at what wattage. Heard of them but not seen them before so if it's any good and it gets me off the morphine then I might give them a go as well.

Going to the loo could be a result of your body relaxing as it would have been tensed due to the pain you were feeling so quite normal.

Getting the shakes isn't normal so ask yourself if you are taking any other medication other than what you have said here that could be reacting with the cbd?

If the answer is no then the next step would be to do a litttle research on the product you've been given.
Check it is genuinely manufactured within the legal parameters for cbd and is it regulated to prove it's legitimacy.

Finally if all the above are satisfied it might be either your body just has to get used to the chemical having never been introduced to it before or it could be that maybe it's not for you.

Thank you Mr Ripple. I only had taken paracetamol and ibuprofen in the afternoon. In the evening I was just drinking water with a bit of apple juice in it and my usual sub ohm vape on and off ( 3 mg nicotine ). I have had a doze here and there ( slept about 2- 3am ) and nodded off for 5 mins and there but been awake mostly since. I cannot lie down due to the broken knee at the moment so I have to sleep sitting up. I'm still feeling very nauseated and the shakes is on and off too. The product is described as consisting of "only Oregon farmed, and Colorado extracted premium CBD hemp strains."

https://cbdwellnesscentre.co.uk/collections/purple-dank

The going to the loo is a result of it upsetting my stomach. (Despite my knee pain I had been going to the loo daily). I am very nauseated and there is pain in the stomach too.

I am in kind of shock how bad it's made me feel as the vape bloke vapes it reguarly when he has old injury pain ( mostly in the winter) with no side effects like these. Nor have his customers reported the side effects I have.

Could it be that there is something in CBD itself that disagrees with me?

I have smoked marijuana in my student days and it never gave me an upset stomach or the shakes.

How long does vaped CBD stay active in the body? It's about 8-9 hours now since I took a puff. My knee pain is still dampened down, but as much as I wanted the pain to be reduced/gone it isn't worth feeling so sick and shaky.

Last edited:
Thank you Mr Ripple. I only had taken paracetamol and ibuprofen in the afternoon. In the evening I was just drinking water with a bit of apple juice in it and my usual sub ohm vape on and off ( 3 mg nicotine ). I have had a doze here and there ( slept about 2- 3am ) and nodded off for 5 mins and there but been awake mostly since. I cannot lie down due to the broken knee at the moment so I have to sleep sitting up. I'm still feeling very nauseated and the shakes is on and off too. The product is described as consisting of "only Oregon farmed, and Colorado extracted premium CBD hemp strains."

https://cbdwellnesscentre.co.uk/collections/purple-dank

The going to the loo is a result of it upsetting my stomach. (Despite my knee pain I had been going to the loo daily). I am very nauseated and there is pain in the stomach too.

I am in kind of shock how bad it's made me feel as the vape bloke vapes it reguarly when he has old injury pain ( mostly in the winter) with no side effects like these. Nor have his customers reported the side effects I have.

Could it be that there is something in CBD itself that disagrees with me?

I have smoked marijuana in my student days and it never gave me an upset stomach or the shakes.

How long does vaped CBD stay active in the body? It's about 8-9 hours now since I took a puff. My knee pain is still dampened down, but as much as I wanted the pain to be reduced/gone it isn't worth feeling so sick and shaky.
Obviously I'm no expert but if you're still feeling off after 8-9hrs I'd be looking elsewhere for the culprit of your symptoms.
Eaten something dodgy?
Or as your name suggests maybe overdoing the caffeine?

No I haven't eaten anything dodgy! I never order takeaways and only have healthy plant base home cooked food and have superb hygiene ( washing hands etc). I only drink 2-3 cups of decaff coffee a day ( the last cup was drank at around 6pm yesterday evening).

I live alone and cos I can't go out due to my injury I am barely seeing anyone, so it's not like I've been out and about to catch things off other people.

I only started feeling ill about an hour after vaping the CBD oil.

the shakes and sick feeling will not be the CBD still after 8~9 hours buddy. I think something else is causing those symptoms!

It only happened after I vaped the product, and before I felt ill I could feel like a slight buzz/tingling in my hands and fore arms. The CBD has definitely caused this.

Back
Top Bottom