Innokin
What's new

CBD for a beginner - anxiety relief

If you want to go full DIY, I found this graph very useful. I originally got the same data from a patent application, but this is from the Journal of Chromatography.

It gives temperatures and time for decarboxylation, and shows how THC breaks down to CBD eventually. I was using it to try and create 'full spectrum'

decarboxylation-graph-1-11.jpeg

E-liquids.com
If you want to go full DIY, I found this graph very useful. I originally got the same data from a patent application, but this is from the Journal of Chromatography.

It gives temperatures and time for decarboxylation, and shows how THC breaks down to CBD eventually. I was using it to try and create 'full spectrum'

View attachment 171667

I think your graph relates to cbn, not cbd, I thought converting thc to cbd was only a theoretical possibility via chemistry and the use of certain acids. It is possible to partially convert some of the thc to cbn, cbn is a wonderful anti anxiety, sleep promoting cannabinoid, it is also illegal (no surprise there eh). Higher temp decarbing and decarbing for longer at the higher temp will increase cbn content, albeit at a very small %. Best thing is to use old w**d that has been exposed to daylight over an extended period, say 12 months, it will turn medicinal, and be good for pain relief and sedation, esp. when consumed via vaporization, rather than combusted. All these things are subjective and open to interpretation though.

I think your graph relates to cbn, not cbd, I thought converting thc to cbd was only a theoretical possibility via chemistry and the use of certain acids. It is possible to partially convert some of the thc to cbn, cbn is a wonderful anti anxiety, sleep promoting cannabinoid, it is also illegal (no surprise there eh). Higher temp decarbing and decarbing for longer at the higher temp will increase cbn content, albeit at a very small %. Best thing is to use old w**d that has been exposed to daylight over an extended period, say 12 months, it will turn medicinal, and be good for pain relief and sedation, esp. when consumed via vaporization, rather than combusted. All these things are subjective and open to interpretation though.
You may be right about the graph I posted. But the original Patent I found (which I'm sure had the same temperatures) specifically talked about a THC -> CBD pathway. They were relying on it to produce a zero THC product.

I've noticed a distinct difference between academic and commercial studies. With the former talking about THC -> CBN, and the latter THC -> CBD. Not sure which I trust more. I used to get access to the literature via Plymouth University, but I don't have that connection now...

Then there's a whole web/craft movement, who mostly extract, decarb and go - which is pretty much where I am.

Vape Green
Thank you for all this info! Do you have any recommendations for my first (cheap) dripper? I already have Clapton coils 0.4 and Muji cotton.

I wouldn’t be the best person to advise, I do t really use drippers apart from the old i go-w I use for cbd and got for a couple of quid, your clapton coils wouldn’t fit in the posts though.

You could pick up a wasp nano or something, or have a look about the forum for other recommendations?

Thank you for all this info! Do you have any recommendations for my first (cheap) dripper? I already have Clapton coils 0.4 and Muji cotton.

Velocity rda, I've used a Velocity Mini for cbd and other herbal preparations for over 2 years now. Dirt cheap, simple to install, coil and wick. 24awg round kanthal, 3mm ID, 6 or 7 wrap dual micro coils. Only thing to watch out for with some of the clones is the grub screws are absolute shite, soft and they round out easily.

Smoore
Hello I’m benson ive been away from the site for a good few years,in the last few years I’ve been studying making cbd shatter to make my own cbd e liquid,I’ve been reading this thread and can see a lot of misinformation,if anyone wants any information on making shatter from cbd flower to make cbd vape or a cbd tincture hit me up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom