What's new

CBD Diaries - 30 day trial, my results.

I wish my GP would give me that strength co-codamol :( Good luck with it @Lee, loads of us interested here :)

I wish my GP would give me that strength co-codamol :( Good luck with it @Lee, loads of us interested here :)

It’s honestly a nasty horrible drug mate, I had an absolutely awful time when I decided I didn’t want to take them any more. In my opinion the doctors need to educate people more on them before handing them out like candy for any type of pain.

I wasn’t warned at all about them when I got prescribed them, of course there is the little leaflet inside of them but let’s be honest, you always read them and think it’s exaggerated don’t you?

Day one;

This is going to be a little more detail than usual because I’ll explain a little bit about each product and give detail of the questions I asked the vendor/member that recommended them. I won’t write this up every day!

Ok so over the last few days I have sent lots of messages and had a bit of a chat about it on the phone to reserved Vapes. I wanted to find out as much as I could about the product and find out what was recommended to really feel some effect. Both answers from Andy (supplied the harmony) and James (supplied the reserved Vapes) was the same pretty much.

Questions I asked;

When I vape these products, how long will it take to show some results? The answer was you should feel some effect straight away. The point I was trying to get at was does it need to be built up over time or will it work straight away, it seems the oral drops need to be built up but the Vapes produce effects quicker, but are more short lived.

What is the best setup to use these on? The answer was to use them on a low ish power, it would be wasted using them at say 200w. It’s best to keep the power low’ish and really hold the vapour in before exhaling.

What will happen if I consume too much? Not a lot really, possibly feel a little “spaced out” or a little blurred.

How will I know it has worked, what do I need to look out for? You should notice you pain being dulled or hopefully it may be temporarily gone. Aching to the effects of a paracetamol I guess. A overall feeling of well being, described as like looking through a filter, brighter vivid colours. More alert.

Please don’t pin it down on me Andy said this James said that, I forget who said what now but that’s basically the answers to the questions asked.

So with those answered it made sense for me to try the Vapes first, being that they work straight away. It would then be clear if they work or not without having the oral drops in the equation to think about. I’ll try these Vapes again in the morning before I start the oral drops, then I’ll leave them alone for a week or so to see if the drops do anything, I’ll also try them at stages throughout having the drops, to see if they are more effective with, without or no change, after having the drops built up in my system.

As mentioned above, I’ll also do a drugs test at the end of this trial to see if I pass - although it wouldn’t be clear which product caused it if I did fail, hopefully it will pass. If it doesn’t, maybe we can do another 30 days cutting the suspect product out. We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Onwards!

So today I have had a fairly busy day, overall a good day. My mood has been good, had some good banter with people throughout the day, a productive day at work. Reasonably stress free.

Zero alcohol before vaping these and zero medication of any type today.

This morning I first tried some more of the harmony Eliquid. I vaped this on the SX mini setup (same as I will use throughout) at around 25w. I held the vapour in so much that only a little whisp of vapour was visible when exhaling. I refilled the RDA three times, vaped this and set about doing some work. I did feel pretty relaxed, I did still have some mild back pain there throughout the day. I think tomorrow I’ll try to vape this longer and more often. Overall, I can’t say this has made a noticeable difference to my mood/pain today, compared to what I would feel like if I didn’t vape it on a regular day.

This evening when I finished work I opened the parcel from reserved Vapes. The liquid inside was packed full of crystals, totally covering the pipette. Following James advice I set about heating the bottle up with some warm water and gave it a bloody good shake. Some crystals do remain in there, they don’t seem to totally dissolve no matter what I do. James recommended that first I was to saturate a fresh wick with some regular Eliquid, then place two drops of the neat CBD on the coils. Then vape it. I placed 5 drops on the coil, which by my reckoning is around 25mg of CBD. I vaped this using the same method I did with the harmony, then set about cooking tea for the children. By the time I had finished (around 30 mins) I stopped and thought hard about whether I could feel any effects. The answer was possibly, I think I may need to try some more before bed this evening to really decide. What I think I experienced was a kind of calm effect, which is actually quite difficult to explain, but I’ll do my best if the next vape shows the same effect. Unfortunately it’s not done anything for my back pain which is on a scale of 6/10 today, 10 being unbearable.

To be honest - I was expecting more. Dripping 1000mg neat I was expecting for it to really hit me in some way. I was actually worried that it would be too strong and perhaps I was being stupid dripping it neat, but with the promise of it will definitely hit you, I felt like I needed to experience something that makes me think “oh fuck, this does do something” to change my point of view. I think the way some people make out the effects is massively exaggerated and I feel like I could nail the whole bottle in one go and not experience those very strong effects people report. Of course I may be wrong, I will double dose tonight before sleep and see how that goes, see how it works with my sleep too.

That may seem pretty negative but I am actually a little excited that I may have felt something. It does give me a lot more motivation to continue. So I’ll be back tomorrow with another update after consuming some higher doses throughout the day. I’ll also report on how bedtime went tonight.

@Lee sounds promising I do recommend to vape it about a hour before bedtime, I find this to have best effect for sleep :) feeling something is promising tho, maybe try up the wattage some more it’s sound like your tolerance is pretty high :)

@Lee sounds promising I do recommend to vape it about a hour before bedtime, I find this to have best effect for sleep :) feeling something is promising tho, maybe try up the wattage some more it’s sound like your tolerance is pretty high :)

Thanks mate, I will give that a blast tonight!

This is a great idea, given some of the missinformation around CBD false claims, snake oil salesmen & people selling useless crap, can only help.
I've been using sublingual oil & make my own vape juice for a while now, it's not magic but it does help quiet a few ailments (I have a spinal cord injury)

One thing I'd say is I'd learnt that vape juice purely from isolate isn't so effective as it's missing some crucial cannabinoids/terpines etc
So I started making mine from a crumble that was full spectrum instead of the isolate
So that might be worth considering (I'd recommend chefs CBD who also do a great 40/45% oil *I've no affiliation)
I've also found using a pod mod better than dripping which I was surprised by.

Anyway good luck I shall be gollofoll with interest mate

Dripping definitely wasn’t as effective as mixing into a tank for me and you really go through the bottle.

Dripping definitely wasn’t as effective as mixing into a tank for me and you really go through the bottle.

That’s interesting, I will try some in my Kayfun too, see how that goes [emoji16]

Day 2;

Firstly an update on last night and how that went, as promised I double dosed some of the reserved CBD before I went to bed. I used 5 drops in the hadaly neat, took my time a little more vaping these trying not to rush it. I guess over about 30 mins I vaped 10 drops total, which is around 50mg of CBD (assuming that every single bit of it was absorbed).

I vaped this about an hour before I wanted to go to sleep, it was roughly 1am give or take. I did certainly feel relaxed and I didn’t have any trouble falling asleep at all, whether this was because I was tiered or whether it was the CBD - I’m not sure, we’ll have to keep going a bit longer before I can say for sure.

I woke up feeling fine, didn’t feel groggy at all, which some people have reported.

Set about my day, a normal day - nothing out of the ordinary to report. Making juice, bits and bobs of admin work, running a few parcels around and collecting stuff. Overall my mood has been good, I have been a little stressed trying to organise some new flavours but no big deal. I first started this morning on the harmony CBD, I have been running around quite a bit here and there today so I can’t give exact measurements for this, but I had a good few puffs with my coffee this morning. Few more puffs whilst I started to organise my day at my desk. Few more throughout the morning. My back pain today has been reasonably good, maybe a 4/10. Again, I’m not sure if this is CBD or if it’s just a good day, a little to early to say I should think.

I left the CBD alone then until I finished work. I then set about having a few drops of Reserved whilst the kids ate their tea, again I was doing stuff at the same time so i can’t remember exactly but it was around 4 or 5 drops, two goes at this. So let’s say 8 drops total. No major effects to report, nothing that made me think oh wow, this is definitely an effect from vaping this.

However, like yesterday I do feel pretty calm and relaxed, possibly a little more than usual. Is this CBD? I think it probably might be, although I can’t be certain yet.

I’ll settle down later this evening and probably vape a fair bit of CBD as I’ll be working late on the laptop, on my own with no distractions. I usually stick my headphones on, Spotify, in my own world. So I’m looking forward to that to see if this effects my mood or pain, sounds weird because it’s working but it’s my relaxing time.

I’ll be back tomorrow with another update.

Medication today - none.
Alcohol today - none (yet).

Last edited:
@Lee no medication today! How often do you normally not take your medication? This is what cbd does it doesn’t mong you it clears your mind and ease your pain, certainly sounds like it building up now in your system, but like you’ve said we will have to wait and see if this isn’t a fluke! Music should be more enjoyable as you be more at ease. We will wait and see, glad to see you’ve been in less pain then normal tho :)

Ps triple berry is life <3

Back
Top Bottom