What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Tauren One RTA - £12 at New Vaping

At what length did you cut the coil legs on the Blotto? The little tooly skully mejig cuts them to 4.5mm when 4mm sits nicely in the arc. Make sure your cotton's nice & light & fluffy so the wicking keeps up

I stuck a couple of 2.5mm fused claptons in mine & the flavour's top notch, just majorly lacking in air for me

I use the LTSM [little tooly skully mejig] and I get what you mean about it sitting a touch higher than I'd like; I've snipped the ends off the last build and it seems to sit a bit more snug within the arc, but it's good to know 4mm is the sweet spot. I ordered a coily measuring tool a couple of days ago for this exact reason.

I comb out the ends of the cotton and place it so it's just slightly sticking out under the rim, and I've had no issues with leaking so far [touch wood], but generally speaking the flavour hasn't been quite what I was expecting. It's decent, but I feel like it could be better.

I bought a Coilogy 7in1 pack so I could get a feel for different types of coils; unfortunately they are all 3mm, so although I don't have a problem with fitting them, I do wonder if the airflow [and therefore flavour] would be improved by using 2.5mm coils. I've currently got a pair of SS Fused Claptons in there, which are ohming out at 0.125, and even at 120w the wicking keeps up like a champ.

My problem is when I start chain vaping things get a little too hot for my liking and I have to dial it down.

Single 3.5mm coil works well in the Blotto & opens it up more airflow wise.

That's good to know @nwhornet - out of interest, do you have any experience of how that setup would compare against a dedicated single coil RTA like the Destiny or Serpent SMM?

Haven't used either the Serpent or Destiny so can't compare. My favourite is the Gear by OFRF but the capacity is crap & Kylin Mini is decent. The Kelpie, IMO, was so so being restricted like the Blotto. Single coil I tend to squonk or drip on RDAs.

Back
Top Bottom