What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Tauren One RTA - £12 at New Vaping

other good rta's for flavour. G-taste aries 30mm but amazing, aromamizer supreme, Tauren duel, QP fatality or juggerknot pricey but great. Single coil Gear RTA serpent mini 22mm, Wasp nano.

Thanks for that, looks like I've got some reading up to do!

Although as above, are the single coil RTAs likely to keep up with their dual coil counterparts? Despite some good reviews on the likes of the Destiny and the Serpent SMM, I've largely steered clear of single coil setups thinking [perhaps mistakenly] they may be lacking in the flavour and/or clouds department.

Although as above, are the single coil RTAs likely to keep up with their dual coil counterparts? Despite some good reviews on the likes of the Destiny and the Serpent SMM, I've largely steered clear of single coil setups thinking [perhaps mistakenly] they may be lacking in the flavour and/or clouds department.
Thats not the case in the most part.
So long as the rta has enough airflow it will match a duel for flavour and compete with clouds.
The best of the single coilers for this imo is the kylin mini and the destiny isn't far behind.

Single coil RTA's are usually aimed more towards flavour. Youtube Reviewers will always big up a product and the hype is sometimes bollocks, been there with the Dead Rabbit rda and more.
Clouds?. why the need for massive clouds. I vape between 40-70w maybe as far down as 20w with some single coil rta's, plenty of vapour but with flavour. Another idea would be for you to try a dripper or if the idea of keep adding juice every few puffs try an rdta

The Tauren One's alright, nothing special to be honest but for £12 it's worth it.

Mine's SS and never had jumping ohms, read the black decks had those problems. No leaking or anything, I just find it a bit average

The Juggerknot Mini's probably my favourite single coiler ( even though it's a pain in the arse to fill), with the Aromamizer Lite somewhere close behind. Loads of airflow, loads of flavour, easy to setup. My JKM's are clones but never had a problem with them

The Tauren One's alright, nothing special to be honest but for £12 it's worth it.

Mine's SS and never had jumping ohms, read the black decks had those problems. No leaking or anything, I just find it a bit average

I really wanted this RTA when it came out so I did a lot of research on it, the SS decks were the only ones that didn't have issues. The problem was with the peak insulators and paint jobs. There are solutions for it that range from adding an o ring to disassembling and shaving it down. As interested as I waited to see if they'd come out with an update or free deck replacements for people and they didn't. I don't want to deal with a company that messes up production and does nothing about it.

Single coil RTA's are usually aimed more towards flavour. Youtube Reviewers will always big up a product and the hype is sometimes bollocks, been there with the Dead Rabbit rda and more.
Clouds?. why the need for massive clouds. I vape between 40-70w maybe as far down as 20w with some single coil rta's, plenty of vapour but with flavour. Another idea would be for you to try a dripper or if the idea of keep adding juice every few puffs try an rdta

I had a similar chat on a different thread about the legitimacy of YT reviews etc, and ultimately the reason why I like to get feedback from here is because it's coming from the end user who will tend to have more in-depth experience using various products.

There's not a need for massive clouds as such, I suppose it's because all I've known until recently is stock Smok coils which are "rated best" around 120-150 watts [or higher] and tends to generate a fair amount of fog. The cost of replacement coils eventually put me off, but I still want to replicate/improve the experience I previously had.

I actually tried a dripper a few years ago, but had a bad time of it with lots of spit back and the mouthpiece heating up to the point it burned my lips. I don't like a hot vape in general, and as I tend to take long deep draws, I figured the safest option for my first foray into rebuildables would be an RTA.

The Juggerknot Mini's probably my favourite single coiler ( even though it's a pain in the arse to fill), with the Aromamizer Lite somewhere close behind. Loads of airflow, loads of flavour, easy to setup. My JKM's are clones but never had a problem with them

Thanks for the feedback @JohnnyAce - I was in two minds about just buying it for the sake of it based on a couple of reviews [and the knockdown price], but i'm glad I put it to the people.

I'm still experimenting with the Blotto, so I might as well save the £12 for now and put it towards something a little more established.

I really wanted this RTA when it came out so I did a lot of research on it, the SS decks were the only ones that didn't have issues. The problem was with the peak insulators and paint jobs. There are solutions for it that range from adding an o ring to disassembling and shaving it down. As interested as I waited to see if they'd come out with an update or free deck replacements for people and they didn't. I don't want to deal with a company that messes up production and does nothing about it.

Thanks for the heads up @harumph - totally agree with the point about failing to do a product recall on a manufacturing defect being poor practice. I was a little on the fence about the RTA to start with, but the feedback you guys have provided has definitely helped me to make mind up.

Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback @JohnnyAce - I was in two minds about just buying it for the sake of it based on a couple of reviews [and the knockdown price], but i'm glad I put it to the people.

I'm still experimenting with the Blotto, so I might as well save the £12 for now and put it towards something a little more established.

At what length did you cut the coil legs on the Blotto? The little tooly skully mejig cuts them to 4.5mm when 4mm sits nicely in the arc. Make sure your cotton's nice & light & fluffy so the wicking keeps up

I stuck a couple of 2.5mm fused claptons in mine & the flavour's top notch, just majorly lacking in air for me

Back
Top Bottom