What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

SOI Proto RTA Half Price

wraith

Achiever
Custom Vapes have a great deal on a cracking RTA designed by Sub Ohms Innovations and built by Thunderhead Creations.

Down from £35.99 to £17.99

Got mine today.

22mm.
Great build quality.
Top fill.
4.5ml capacity.
Postless deck.
Top-feed juice flow.
Hybrid-safe positive pin.
510 drip-tip.
Good spares.
Comprehensive instructions.
Can handle up to 200w if that's your thing.

I got sick of RTAs because being used to drippers I was always frustrated by limitations of building to fit in a chimney. Settled on a Clieto with stock 0.4 coils as my out-and-about workhorse.

Got dual 3mm 24/34 titanium claptons in this no problem and after a couple of attempts at getting the wicking just right it's blowing the Clieto away for clouds and flavour.

For comparison it is almost exactly the same size and shape as a Clieto but with nearly twice the juice capacity.

Loving it.

There is one caveat; being top-feed it is very sensitive to wicking and even with a good wick properly covering the feed holes it is prone to leaking when filling. If you are prepared to do a bit of trial and error learning how to wick it, have the patience to spend a little more time rewicking and always have a pack of handy andies in your pocket with your juice then that one con is definately outweighed by the multitude of pros.

https://www.custom-vapes.co.uk/product/proto-rta-tank-by-sub-ohm-innovations/

Last edited:
Turns out that there is another caveat.. maybe it's just my build* but it's a thirsty bugger.

* 3mm 24/34awg titanium claptons, 9.5 wraps, 0.19ohm at 90w/260c

Last edited:
Down to £13.99 for Easter.

Wish I'd waited to pick another one up now.

Just ordered one of these from fast tech, can anyone offer any advice or tips and tricks to help with the wicking etc or how to get the best from it, thanks

Just ordered one of these from fast tech, can anyone offer any advice or tips and tricks to help with the wicking etc or how to get the best from it, thanks
Follow that video for wicking, once it's wicked up and the tops on, with the glass out go around it with the tweezers, make sure the cotton's out of the airflow for the chimney and the inlets and that the wick is definitely covering the holes.

Fantastic bits of kit.

I find mine still tends to leak a lot when I fill it. I always fill with the airdlow closed off leave a few mm space at the top and just before the top cap is totally screwed down take a few tiny puffs. Screw the top cap down then take longer and longer puffs opening the airflow a little each time until I'm sure It's sorted itself our. It's always fine after that.

Follow that video for wicking, once it's wicked up and the tops on, with the glass out go around it with the tweezers, make sure the cotton's out of the airflow for the chimney and the inlets and that the wick is definitely covering the holes.

Fantastic bits of kit.
Just found a vid on YouTube doing as you suggest, looking forward to arrival,
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom