What's new

Paramour side by side less than half price £29.99 @ecigone

That's a bit disappointing. I've just inspected my one there again and there's no battery tube movement nor gaps at the heel plate at all. Which colour did you get, perhaps just a bad batch? Mine is the gunmetal.

I've had the black one just over a week now and haven't had any problems yet, I did try an 18650 out of interest and can't understand why they didn't include a spacer for that batt size it just felt so wrong without one.
With a 20700 batt I screw the cap on and when I feel the spring resistance give it about a half turn more and that works fine for me.
Sorry to hear that Vambo is having problems if that happened to me I know how pissed off I'd feel.

That's a bit disappointing. I've just inspected my one there again and there's no battery tube movement nor gaps at the heel plate at all. Which colour did you get, perhaps just a bad batch? Mine is the gunmetal.
It's the gunmetal I have.
I only noticed movement in the tube very recently when fitting a new battery.
Not sure what secured it before. Unless it was a drop of epoxy or something - the tube is definitely free floating.

Hmmm, think I'll be handling mine with care I have noticed a couple of people having simular problems to Vambo.
I'm still pleased with it for the price of a couple of packs of fags and it makes my Siegfried an out and about vape rather than being locked in my toy room.

An update, I ended up with two of these and even using a lot of care when installing batts one now has a loose battery tube, I paid around 25 quid each and am glad I paid no more.

Anyone reading this and thinking about buying one should give it a lot of thought, and I would advise geting something else.

i did have trouble with my original gunmetal one , stopped recognising a fully charged battery after next to no use , ecigone sent me black replacement and have had no issues with it at all since , great little mod imo.

@architect was you using a 18650 or 21700 ?

21700 and as I said before I allways install them carefully, feel the begining of spring resistance then half a turn more.

There are quite a few reports of this problem on this mod.

I've fixed mine by taking the base off, cleaning the tube and where it fits in the mod, dremeled the lower external 10ish mm of the tube and the mod base where the tube fits in then epoxed the tube back in place. if anyone tries this watch out for the spring when you take the base off.

When I pulled the tube out of the mod after desoldering the negative wire there was allmost no resistance and a lot of light grey powder that I guess is what's left of the old adhesive.

glad i didn’t get one of these. why not just have a threaded battery tube you can screw on and off?

To be fair when there working ok they make my Siegfrieds and TCX look reasonable and pocketable.

Back
Top Bottom