What's new

Paramour side by side less than half price £29.99 @ecigone

Fuck the DD they can wait til Tuesday :54:
Just Ordered
upload_2021-8-21_17-33-53.png

Just bought one with a couple of M 21700's for my Siegfried too :) they only have black and red in stock now.

David O'Riordan Thanks for the heads up been looking at these for a while now, the 21700 battery compatability is a biggie for me.

Mine arrived an hour ago, it's tiny which is great for me, battery cap threads were a little rough so put a drop juice on them and there now fine, and it takes my Taifun gt4 with a couple of mm's to spare. So batteries on charge and happy bunny.

Got to say how pleased I am with Ecigone's service, when I ordered it with a couple of batteries I clicked the free Amazon delivery option, on getting the order confirmation email I saw in the detail Amazon don't ship batteries, so I thought I'll have to wait a few days for that then, but it arrived today RM first class! 10/10.

Having used the Paramour for a couple.of weeks, I notice a fair bit of movement now in the battery tube.
Without a secured battery, there is quite a bit of bit of rotation (and veritical too, as it's sprung at the +ve pin)
It's not a lot while screwing in a battery and once secured, there is no rotation, but the tube is free floating.

I have also noticed the heel plate (base plate) has lifted a mil or two away from the body.
When a battery is fully secured, the tube puts pressure on this area and outs pressure on/bends the plate - there are no securing screws on that side of the heel plate.

It's that, or the heel plate was originally ill fitting and I only noticed when I was inspecting the battery tube.
I had lifted the tube slightly verically and noticed the daylight between body and plate - when secured the battery tube fills the small gap and it is not so noticeable.

So that's a bit annoying.

Anyway, the original concern was play in the free-floating battery tube and whether over time this may cause a solder to fail.
Having dismantled and inspected; the majoity of the rotational/vertical movement stress is on the (-ve) solder to the body and less so at the (+ve)

Obviously it's not a lot of movement when screwing a fresh battery in, but it is there and potentially a solder cracker (though that's straightforward to resolve if it ever occurs)

I think I may look at modding the tube to prevent any movement at all - especially vertical - to take the pressure off the heel plate (which I'll have to straighten) Currently there is grit ingress via the gap too.

Hmm, short of epoxy or metal putty, Ii'll have to get the thinking cap on...

Back
Top Bottom