What's new

Nom Nomz Boxing Day sale 25% off

As for FA Glory I have a big aversion and sensitivity to Cyclotene which is the main component of TPA Ry4D and I have read that Glory has a similar profile.

Never heard of it, it's probably flagged up on ELR, I rarely read the warnings or data sheets, anything's better than smoking :D

I am not really into tobacco flavours except for FLV Connecticut Shade in ultra low percentages but I love my custards, puddings and bakery flavours

Only discovered FLV Connecticut Shade in the last sale, I really like it a lot. Ditto custards, puds and bakery, I love em. I'm not big on standalone fruits but Molinberry Funky Pineapple is decent on it's own, and if I was to find a good mango, I'd go for that.

Re FLV Connecticut Shade, these are merely test blends - or were, I've stuck with them and vape em lots. Never had much luck with PB but the LorAnn one is rather nice indeed. Sweetener is optional, I don't mind em, some folks rage up, at the thought of using them.

Shady Butter v1:

0.20% Connecticut Shade (Flavorah)
1.50% Peanut Butter (LA)
0.50% Super Sweet (CAP)

Flavor total: 2.2%

Shady Butter v2:

0.35% Connecticut Shade (Flavorah)
1.75% Peanut Butter (LA)
0.50% Super Sweet (CAP)

Flavor total: 2.6%

Never heard of it, it's probably flagged up on ELR, I rarely read the warnings or data sheets, anything's better than smoking :D

Only discovered FLV Connecticut Shade in the last sale, I really like it a lot. Ditto custards, puds and bakery, I love em. I'm not big on standalone fruits but Molinberry Funky Pineapple is decent on it's own, and if I was to find a good mango, I'd go for that.

Re FLV Connecticut Shade, these are merely test blends - or were, I've stuck with them and vape em lots. Never had much luck with PB but the LorAnn one is rather nice indeed. Sweetener is optional, I don't mind em, some folks rage up, at the thought of using them.

Shady Butter v1:

0.20% Connecticut Shade (Flavorah)
1.50% Peanut Butter (LA)
0.50% Super Sweet (CAP)

Flavor total: 2.2%

Shady Butter v2:

0.35% Connecticut Shade (Flavorah)
1.75% Peanut Butter (LA)
0.50% Super Sweet (CAP)

Flavor total: 2.6%
Go high 3% up which is not normal for a flv flavour but it certainly does it for me.

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3665869/Mango Cream

FLV_mango.jpg

@andi52 It’s not that I worry about what’s in a flavour, in fact the more dappy they are the better they taste to me but Cyclotene has a very astringent taste and smell which I personally find is reminiscent of burning plastic or when electrical wiring is about to catch fire. I have noticed that TPA seems to use it more than any other company especially in their Ry4D, Brown Sugar and some of their caramel flavours so I give those a wide birth. I know what you mean about sweeteners being frowned upon by some of the mixing community but I nearly always use Caps Super Sweet at around 0.4%-0.5%. I find it helps the flavours pop and brings a recipe to life plus being a diabetic I can have all of the sweet stuff but in vape form lol.
Thanks for sharing your Connecticut Shade recipes, I will have to give them a go.
@StrawberryRipple Flavorah Mango is a really great flavour and so is FE Mango although the latter has a tendency to fade after a while so is better used in shake and vape style recipes or something with a short steep time.

Last edited:
Here are a few other notable flavours that I have found very good in tropical recipes.
Inawera Cocopilada.
Flavorah Guanabana.
Inawera Cherimoya.
These are quite unique and are well worth a look on the ELR notes section.
I wish I could have provided the links but I’m not very good at posting on forums sorry.

@andi52 mght be worth editing the header of this thread as still saying boxing day sale or starting a new post might be easier.

Back
Top Bottom