What's new

Full size (3.5ml) Cthulhu hastur mtl rta bargain at sourcemore

Register first, then you get code SM8OFF emailed to you (8% discount)
plus 25c in points in your account (every little helps says Tesco)

Alas postage is extra :( but with discounts and low starting price still cheaper than FT & Ali

"somehow" unbeknown to me, two tanks fell into my basket and checked out whilst I was "just looking"
(well that is my story to the other half and I'm sticking with it, but think she's passed caring now)

Think it works out about £16 in the end but is a good tank at a good price - cheers @eyeball kid

Register first, then you get code SM8OFF emailed to you (8% discount)
plus 25c in points in your account (every little helps says Tesco)

Alas postage is extra :( but with discounts and low starting price still cheaper than FT & Ali

"somehow" unbeknown to me, two tanks fell into my basket and checked out whilst I was "just looking"
(well that is my story to the other half and I'm sticking with it, but think she's passed caring now)

Think it works out about £16 in the end but is a good tank at a good price - cheers @eyeball kid
Thanks for the extra discount info too bud.
Ft also have the other airflow insert options for a couple of quid of anyone is a completist.

When the kind vendors offer me free range of there shop's for review it's tempting to grab the latest flashy thing but I do try to snuffle out the bargains that I think will appeal.
Thanks all.

Noticed this posted on another site.
Will they fit both the mini and the standard? Have you seen this @SimonG
IMG_0809.jpg

Noticed this posted on another site.
Will they fit both the mini and the standard? Have you seen this @SimonG
View attachment 191000

ONLY for the mini Hastur

The 3.5ml is a totally different deck with 5 inserts already supplied
plus optional 4 others available on FT & Ali for $3 to $4, smaller holes 1.2, 1.4 & two & three mini holes....

9437800-1.jpg

these above are for 3.5ml

mini hastur has juice wells/channels to tuck into & air port is attached to a post like your pic
3.5ml hastur the wick just drops down (no wicking channels) & double posts to mount ccw/cw coils

Weird coz if you look back to the very first mini hastur reviews they included extra air options
yet when joe public started to buy the mini no extra air holes/posts were supplied like early beta test samples

So it was a surprise that people didn't get the air hole options on the mini they assumed/thought like reviewers had gotten hold of in their mini

Around December 2018 Cthulhu started to change the lid on the 3.5ml
if you look at early 3.5ml reviews the glass could fall off when rewicking as little actually gripped it
resulting in a tank of juice splashing over you - workaround was a vape band to hold glass onto tank

They did start selling new, larger lipped lids to grip glass better.....

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10058416/9679326-authentic-cthulhu-hastur-mtl-rta-replacement

Think they was going to go with these in the end once the stock of little lipped lids was used up
but the bigger Cthulhu never really took off quickly I guess, too many tanks on the market
plus UK retailers avoiding them as 3.5ml so dodgy for EU TPD bollox
(mini was 2ml so was easy/legit to sell in UK)

Anyway...... since December/January when I got mine it came with big lip lid so glass stays put
and still get 5 inserts already supplied on the 3.5ml version

It is a good tank but a little airy for fans of golf balls through a hose

I take the stock coil Zenith as a benchmark in that it produces good flavour on draw & exhale
The 3.5ml comes quite close to the flavour production I get from the Zenith imho but taste is subjective etc....
But it is a bit airy (and big at 24mm and same size as Ammit MTL) with TWO slots on AFC ring
Cover the other slot with ya finger/thumb if you find it too airy, maybe a bit of cellotape
(yeah a bit of a bodge/workaround, but all/most tanks have qwirks/flaws to live with I think)

It is a nice but big, slightly airy MTL tank that works well imho
fitting the coil is a doddle, the slots & grub screws just work perfectly holding thin or twisted coils
(had a Manta MTL version which was a bitch fighting and forcing the coil wires away when tightening)
This tank grabs & hold the coil really well no fuss or fighting to keep it in place
You can set the coil quite low and wicking is a doddle, dropping the ends down and trim up just before deck base

Don't use the smaller tighter drip tip - you might get some condensation
with the larger one (should be fitted already), you get a nice slightly moist vape without condensation
Probably come with largest air hole fitted, change that to say the 2nd smallest 1.6mm and should be sorted

I think the MTL market was flooded and UK retailers didn't stock it due to 3.5ml etc.....
but think it deserves a bit more credit as it is a good easy to build MTL tank with options etc.....
OK it is a big bastard, never going to be seen in many stealthy setups, but chilling at home it's worth considering

Last edited:
ONLY for the mini Hastur

The 3.5ml is a totally different deck with 5 inserts already supplied
plus optional 4 others available on FT & Ali for $3 to $4, smaller holes 1.2, 1.4 & two & three mini holes

Cheers for the info. I’ll take a look. [emoji106]

I got one from Sourcemore a couple weeks back ($18.59) and added yet another Delta 2 RBA deck, for old times sake, came to about $24.00 inc. Post.
Nice tank, real easy build.
Still haven't worked out which airflow insert I like best, decisions, decisions....

I got one from Sourcemore a couple weeks back ($18.59) and added yet another Delta 2 RBA deck, for old times sake, came to about $24.00 inc. Post.
Nice tank, real easy build.
Still haven't worked out which airflow insert I like best, decisions, decisions....

yeah think I tried the smallest one first then I "think" I used the next size up 1.6mm
might buy the extra ones and see what the 1.2 & 1.4 is like - maybe or maybe not

EDIT - tried the second one 1.6mm then fitted the 2.0mm & found full of flavour but a bit airy

got some other wires on the way, when the other tanks arrive I'll probably mix it up a bit trying a few variations
hopefully refine the setup a little and maybe get it a very close match to the Zenith's I often use
(well a bit closer as the coils are horizontal/vertical different wicking etc... but that's the idea to get it very close to it)

is a doddle to build n wick & work with, good flavour - just a big fucker and a tiny tiny bit airy by default

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom