What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Dovpo Riva DNA250C 200W Box Mod (Bargain)

What can be a problem is very subjective.

Almost every reviewer complained about the battery cap on the College being fiddly and displayed how difficult it is to hold between finger and thumb, press down and twist. None of them sussed how to press it down with your thumb and give it a quarter of a turn. It's a piece of piss.

I am questioning why they are so cheap given the cost of the board alone.
Has there been issues with them?
I’ll be honest there haven’t been any common repetitive faults with them.

I’ve had to replace 1 corrupted DNA board were the screen went haywire.

And another we’re it had an issue reading the ohms. That was a dry joint on the 510. That’s all I’ve seen of them in the past ere 8 months or so.

I think there just selling them at a discount to get customers.

I’ve bought from new vaping before and never had an issue but man the pop ups and spam are something else lol.

I looked at the Riva but think it's a bit too much like the ODIN for me, also looked at the Top Gear but i have 2 DNA Mods and for what i use them for it's a waste of a good chip on me.
It is but it isn’t.

Yes it’s a shrunken Odin. But we’re i find the Odin a bit big and cold to hold the Riva is much smaller which sort of sits in your natural relaxed hand and with the leather grip makes it comfy and warm.

Tbh it’s my favourite out of all the Dovpo stuff and it made me retire my legend as a kick around mod

Easiest way to put things is the Riva resembles the Minikin in size and shape. The Odin is a big mod as it is 21700 compatable the odin shape is nothing like the Riva. I own both mods. If anyone buys and doesn't like their Riva i would be willing to swap my Red Odin especially for a Black Birdy version of the Riva.
I think some folks are either to picky or don't have enough know how when it comes to their cons. Some people even think cheaper boards are as good as a DNA which is actual Bollocks. I for one can tell the difference, the cheap boards have improved from 5 years back but so has the DNA chip we now have colour screen and replay not to mention the chips efficiency and accuracy in TC mode. As a long term vaper nearly 7 years and having tried/purchased a lot of gear in that time. I can honestly say a DNA device is more expensive but you get full value for money and top quality for the money. So for £72 its a bargain, you could pay that for a Smok mod which will either go capput or be worth a fiver next year

Easiest way to put things is the Riva resembles the Minikin in size and shape. The Odin is a big mod as it is 21700 compatable the odin shape is nothing like the Riva. I own both mods. If anyone buys and doesn't like their Riva i would be willing to swap my Red Odin especially for a Black Birdy version of the Riva.
I think some folks are either to picky or don't have enough know how when it comes to their cons. Some people even think cheaper boards are as good as a DNA which is actual Bollocks. I for one can tell the difference, the cheap boards have improved from 5 years back but so has the DNA chip we now have colour screen and replay not to mention the chips efficiency and accuracy in TC mode. As a long term vaper nearly 7 years and having tried/purchased a lot of gear in that time. I can honestly say a DNA device is more expensive but you get full value for money and top quality for the money. So for £72 its a bargain, you could pay that for a Smok mod which will either go capput or be worth a fiver next year
Last time I checked a DNA board was around £50 on its own so I do agree £70 is a good steal on a device with a DNA board regardless of brand.

With DNA Boards i think you have to use them for what they were made for, I think i have 3 or 4 and basically use them in Wattage Mode all the time. They are great quality Mod but mine don't see as much love as they deserve.

Unfortunately the extra discount is no longer available, but £89.99 is still a good price for a quality product.

I use mine in TC and in VW, not played about enough with Replay yet to fully understand how it works and if it is of much benefit.

Got my heart set on the Hadron Pro or Plus some are calling it. Do love my Steam Crave Mods and Tanks.

Back
Top Bottom