What's new

Dead Rabbit V2 RTA released TODAY £9 inc FREE P&P First come..

Think i read somewhere that the legs are best cut at 5.5 mil, couldn't tell you where i read it though.

Think i read somewhere that the legs are best cut at 5.5 mil, couldn't tell you where i read it though.
Cheers, coil legs are a challenge to see atm (cataracts..) so still may be hit n miss with me.
whatever is optimum i know the current leg length is too long ;)

Just stuck a single hefty staircase coil in mine, lets see if I like the vape tomorrow, I'm liking it right now.

Last edited:
Cut your coil legs at about 8mm, then sort out your coil height by eye, I have mine about 1mm above the top of the posts with a gap of about 2mm between the coils.
I say 8mm because then you will never be too short and there's easy access for cutting the excess coil off under the posts.
I'm happy with it at the moment but tomorrow I'm going to try moving the coils outward a bit so the airflow hits the coils a little better. Can't go out too wide though or the wicks will have to come inward to the juice holes at a bit of an angle.

Just stuck a single hefty staircase coil in mine, lets see if I like the vape tomorrow, I'm liking it right now.
Single coil huh? Interesting, what id are you using, about 4mm? I'm thinking a single 3mm would be a bit lost in there [emoji848]

Cut your coil legs at about 8mm, then sort out your coil height by eye, I have mine about 1mm above the top of the posts with a gap of about 2mm between the coils.
I say 8mm because then you will never be too short and there's easy access for cutting the excess coil off under the posts.
I'm happy with it at the moment but tomorrow I'm going to try moving the coils outward a bit so the airflow hits the coils a little better. Can't go out too wide though or the wicks will have to come inward to the juice holes at a bit of an angle.

Under the posts you say?? missed that completely, probably the combo of black atty and cataracts to blame there too .. and i built the thing in a rush with whatever premades were at hand on the sofa, i will when empty rebuild under a magnifying lamp at the desk so to give it a proper shot.. flavour wise its performing ok and its passed the not leaking over night and killing my best mod test ok too.
Not the highest priority as this came along after a 3 new atty spree ;) got a hellvape destiny, a zeus x mesh and pretty good clone of a zeus x coil atty too on the test vape go atm. bliss ;)

Single coil huh? Interesting, what id are you using, about 4mm? I'm thinking a single 3mm would be a bit lost in there [emoji848]

used a 3.5mm screwdriver but the coil's slightly bigger as I couldn't wrap the wire tight to it. Middling flavour, no wow factor for sure. One thing about this rta, never a dry hit or even a hint of one, wicks bloody well.

used a 3.5mm screwdriver but the coil's slightly bigger as I couldn't wrap the wire tight to it. Middling flavour, no wow factor for sure. One thing about this rta, never a dry hit or even a hint of one, wicks bloody well.
Ok, so no marked increase in flavour, most likely due to it being a single coil I guess. I think there may be some experimenting to come with this one.
I agree about the wicking. Big long high power draws with no dry hits here too.
If I have time today I'll try another couple of builds with different coil positions, I'm sure my first build can't be the best I can do.

Ok, so no marked increase in flavour, most likely due to it being a single coil I guess. I think there may be some experimenting to come with this one.
I agree about the wicking. Big long high power draws with no dry hits here too.
If I have time today I'll try another couple of builds with different coil positions, I'm sure my first build can't be the best I can do.

Indeed, but I've found over the years that any decent atty will most likely be good from the off, with a fairly standard coil installation. From my experience - 5 1/2 years using RTAs & RDAs, having to install different coil set up's looking for the right one suggests a poorly designed or problematic atomiser.

Indeed, but I've found over the years that any decent atty will most likely be good from the off, with a fairly standard coil installation. From my experience - 5 1/2 years using RTAs & RDAs, having to install different coil set up's looking for the right one suggests a poorly designed or problematic atomiser.
Yes, poorly designed if you can't get a good vape without a shitload of experimentation. But as this one is ok from the off, I think it's worth trying new builds in case they are any better. If nothing works out better, there's always the original build to return to.

Back
Top Bottom