What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

COV Megavolt 80w Mini Mod for a tenner delivered

Very late reply to this as had the mod working without issues for a long time having disabled the Auto-off. Was looking at it last night and struggling to read the screen and I may have inadvertently re-enabled auto-off as I thought I turned it off last night but picked up this morning and it's suddenly dead. Anyone brought it back from this state or is it just fooked now? I've had it on charge for the last 30 minutes and no signs of life

Very late reply to this as had the mod working without issues for a long time having disabled the Auto-off. Was looking at it last night and struggling to read the screen and I may have inadvertently re-enabled auto-off as I thought I turned it off last night but picked up this morning and it's suddenly dead. Anyone brought it back from this state or is it just fooked now? I've had it on charge for the last 30 minutes and no signs of life

i tried all the things recommended online with my bricked one and couldn’t revive it unfortunately.

the replacement is still going strong and in daily use, despite half the black paint having rubbed off the top part.

how long have you had it, you could chance asking them for a replacement?

i tried all the things recommended online with my bricked one and couldn’t revive it unfortunately.

the replacement is still going strong and in daily use, despite half the black paint having rubbed off the top part.

how long have you had it, you could chance asking them for a replacement?

Cheers for the reply. Since the offer was posted so a few months now - doubt I'd get much change out of them at this stage unfortunately

If you undo it you can peel off one of the battery contacts to disconnect it then restick it and it should turn back on.
I did this a few times with mine before eventually it died for good.

If you undo it you can peel off one of the battery contacts to disconnect it then restick it and it should turn back on.
I did this a few times with mine before eventually it died for good.

Would these be the two little rubberised type inserts at the bottom to expose some screws and let me pull it apart?

For some reason last 2 I had have been very intermittent and notice if they reach full charge they switch off and wont switch back on for days then magically come back on can then be ok for ages if I remove before fully charge
The taking apart and removing battery contact helps with some earlier stuck ones but not these so maybe was firmware update.
If you are not aware some models have a reset button on bottom a very small hole by usb port you can use a needle etc to press reset for 10 seconds helps with some issues
Shame the quality of paintwork is terrible on these later ones as said above so im wondering if they were outsourced for cheaper manufacturer and they knew of these issues and was why they stopped trading
Best of luck and if taking appart to mess much beware of the wires to the small lcd dont pull board out too much without disconnecting the lcd or desoldering 510 wire etc , very small screws and fiddly , Ive had a few completely appart to change bad paint dropped cases iffy soldering etc too over the years :)
Nice design but too unreliable the later ones for some reason and suspect they changed factory and with no way of updating firmware why they stopped trading etc under council of vapour

Last edited:
If you remove the rubber plugs then undo the screws then you can pull it apart and expose the battery.

Very late reply to this, finally cracked it open but looking at the battery contacts it appears they are soldered on so would need to be de-soldered and re-soldered. As I don't have a soldering iron it appears it's dead to me :(

Back
Top Bottom