What's new

Cheap mod for regulated Squonk fans

Had 3 when they first came out. All pissed liquid out from inside the mod itself within half hour of initially setting then up.
HCigar blamed the 510 connector, they all went back and then there was an "improved" version with a modified 510 released to rectify the problem.
So ordered the new version.
Same issue again, returned and a second one sent.

Happened again. Back for a refund that time. There's loads of people had exactly the same problems on the fastech forums amongst others.

The 510 isn't spring loaded apparently and seems very fussy unless the RDA has a short thread.

Had 3 when they first came out. All pissed liquid out from inside the mod itself within half hour of initially setting then up.
HCigar blamed the 510 connector, they all went back and then there was an "improved" version with a modified 510 released to rectify the problem.
So ordered the new version.
Same issue again, returned and a second one sent.

Happened again. Back for a refund that time. There's loads of people had exactly the same problems on the fastech forums amongst others.

The 510 isn't spring loaded apparently and seems very fussy unless the RDA has a short thread.

Thanks just saved me 20 notes.

Thanks just saved me 20 notes.

Whether the issues have since been rectified, I have no idea.
And if you use a particular RDA, it appears to not be an issue as long as it has a shorter 510 thread but it certainly didn't like the pulse 22 or 24.

The pulse X is a tidy 21700 squonk if they are still available at the right money, smaller and lighter as well.

Or the topside light is excellent, they were £32 from greyhaze with a discount code. Bit tall, but super light and massive bottle capacity and top fill is mega convenient.

Whether the issues have since been rectified, I have no idea.
And if you use a particular RDA, it appears to not be an issue as long as it has a shorter 510 thread but it certainly didn't like the pulse 22 or 24.

The pulse X is a tidy 21700 squonk if they are still available at the right money, smaller and lighter as well.

Or the topside light is excellent, they were £32 from greyhaze with a discount code. Bit tall, but super light and massive bottle capacity and top fill is mega convenient.

The 510 was putting me off as it is not spring loaded.
Got 2 squonkers at the moment VT Inbox and a Dovpo topside
will just make do with them for now.
Cheers

Well, landed today. Initial impressions;

IMG_20200807_182138.jpg

Pros - Quite fetching in red I think. Lovely brushed aluminum finish. Feels solid in the hand with the metal frame. Little chunky but not overly so for a 2x700 mod in my opinion. Nice colourful bright and clear screen. Menu navigation straightforward enough. Squonk bottle just the right level of squishiness, nice big access cut out for the bottle too so no finger catching in there (Depends on if you have shovels for hands of course).

Cons - there is a little wiggle in the doors, but you have to look for it. Felt a little underpowered out of the box on normal setting but switching to powerful pre-heat mode got it how I liked. 510 certainly feels a little squidgy screwing an RDA in but it took my Vandy Vape Mesh flush without issue. No leaking so far, maybe they applied a fix on later models, though I will keep an eye on it.

Overall I don't think you can go wrong at £18 for a metal body, colour screen regulated squonk mod, and that's before even considering the battery compatibility it offers. :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom