What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

You were right

Subohmoctopus

Postman
Firstly I'd like to start my 20 page formal apology by saying I'm sorry I've been such a dumbass and not understood what everyone has been saying.

I got my stackable broadside today. In a fit of excitement I rushed to install my prebuilt 15 WRAP COIL in my RDA and fire that baby up... I took precautions though, tested it on my mod for shorts, messured it on an ohm reader before and after wicking.

It looked like this:
20180905_175203.jpg

One set of my batteries are flat because i was at work all day, i put the others in that were 3 quarters charged and started vaping. The result was some horrible luke warm flavour and next to no vapour production.

In frustration I then went to the other end of the spectrum of my pre built coils and got the 7 wrap fused claptons dual build I was initially going to use which measured at about 0.35ohms, after rewicking I had to go to art class so I vaped on the way. This time the vape was way too hot and *surprisingly* had shit vapour production and actually spat juice each time I dripped. It also absolutely guzzled my juice for awful results.

Heres a picture of what this build looked like:

20180903_135701.jpg

I feel pretty disappointed, Ive used a lot of cotton and wire in the process of all of this.

I didnt want to leave this as the final result so I did some googling for good ohm ranges for series mech builds and ended up doing a dual coil 12 wrap build with kanthal which ended up at 0.58ohms. I couldnt tell if this was any good on my flat ass batteries but it seemed a lot better than the other two.

20180905_231151.jpg

Ps. Might need to get some VTC5s or Samsung 25Rs because my LG HB6 batts have fucking horrible battery life on a mech.

Ive learnt my lesson the hard way. Ive fucked up my builds and wasted materials and money for piss poor results, hopefully anyone that was like me joining the forum finds this thread before they do the same. As someone said in one of my other threads "just because you can doesn't mean you should". Dont try and pump watts into your coils thinking you'll get huge vapour production and therefore better flavour EVEN if its within ohms law and safe. All you'll get is a piss poor experience with some nasty ass luke warm or spitting vape.

Go on, you can say I told you so now. :(

Get the VTC5A's and some Nichrome and start from there.

Get the VTC5A's and some Nichrome and start from there.
Nichrome or brochrome? Also which gauge? What ohm range would you reccomend for vaping? Also I still dont understand what the difference is between N80 and N60 and N40 Nichrome wires.

I dunno for series builds, steam-engine is your best bet for that, when I do my single broadside I use a VTC5A and 5 wrap 24AWG Nichrome round wire spaced, 2.5ID dual coil in my Drop.

Hopefully no need for told you so by anyone
But also hopefully you’ve learnt that all the advise given by people who have spent years messing around on mechs actually do know what they are talking about

And mostly are just trying to help you get the best vape

omg that first build. :D you'd need 1000w to heat that fucking great chunk of metal up!

Ni80 is just more widely available, although I believe Ni90 is coming through now. No idea how it performs as I haven't tried it yet. I don't see steam-engine having a profile for it yet either to help with building.

Have you stripped and inspected the mech yet? Checked threads for cleanliness etc. You haven't said if it was a clone or authentic either.

Which of the following should I get:

Samsung 30Q - 3000MaH - 20amps - £4.65
LG HG2 - 3000 MaH - 20amps - £5.45
Sony VTC5A - 2500MaH - 25 amps - £6.15
Sony VTC 6 - 2500MaH - 20 amps - £5.45

Is the extra 5 amps worth having 500 less MaH or is samsung 30Q better for 4.65? Ill probably stick between 0.5-0.7ohms.

0.5ohms at 8.4 volts is 16.8amps, wouldnt the Samsung 30Q be the best option for the extra 500MaH? If I wanted to go lower than 0.5ohms I could use my LG HB6s.

Have you stripped and inspected the mech yet? Checked threads for cleanliness etc. You haven't said if it was a clone or authentic either.
Its a clone but it seems like a good one to me. Delrin sleeve and all of the features of the original. Only annoying thing is a squeaky sound on the extra nattery attachment tube when you screw it in. There wasn't any abnormalties on the contact pieces. I really wanted a diablo satan series box but I dont think they sell them anymore. I couldnt find any series mechs on like 20 websites I looked on when I initially bought it and even the clones were all sold out.

One thing I did notice though is the contact pieces scratched the negative on the battery a bit when I firat put them in but nothing too drastic, I think I was just clumsy with adjusting the pieces.

Back
Top Bottom