What's new

Which way do battery stack?

Subohmoctopus

Postman
Im getting a broadside mech tube mod with the option of stacking batteries. So you've got your positive in the first tube against the 510 connector so positive top and negative at the bottom.

Would I be right in assuming that in the extended part of the tube you have the battery the same way as in the first part of the tube so that the positive of the bottom battery touches the negative of the top battery?

What would happen if you accidentally put them in the wrong way and the two negatives touched in the middle? Alluh Ackbar situation? Lol

Well as far as I know (please someone correct me if I am wrong) nothing will happen.
1. If your battery wraps are completely intact, and not damaged, the two negative ends will not actually contact each other.
2. There would be no current flow path, as you would be supplying the 510 connector with positive on both terminals.

Well as far as I know (please someone correct me if I am wrong) nothing will happen.
1. If your battery wraps are completely intact, and not damaged, the two negative ends will not actually contact each other.
2. There would be no current flow path, as you would be supplying the 510 connector with positive on both terminals.

As long as both batteries have the same level of charge which they most certainly won’t - even minute differences in potential could cause current flow. But Bez is correct - they shouldn’t contact anyway.

My advice - just don’t do it. Also, for gods sake make sure your build is suitable for a series mech

As long as both batteries have the same level of charge which they most certainly won’t - even minute differences in potential could cause current flow. But Bez is correct - they shouldn’t contact anyway.

My advice - just don’t do it. Also, for gods sake make sure your build is suitable for a series mech
It is suitable, ive done all the calculations and ill be building at around 0.3-0.4 ohms with 30 amp cont discharge LG HB6 batteries at a max potential 8.4 voltage.

So anyway, my original question, does the battery go in the device with the positive touching the negative of the other battery?

It is suitable, ive done all the calculations and ill be building at around 0.3-0.4 ohms with 30 amp cont discharge LG HB6 batteries at a max potential 8.4 voltage.

So anyway, my original question, does the battery go in the device with the positive touching the negative of the other battery?
Yes your correct on the way your battery's connect but in all seriousness if you don't know how to put battery's in a big boy toy maybe you shouldn't play with it yet [emoji6]

Yes your correct on the way your battery's connect but in all seriousness if you don't know how to put battery's in a big boy toy maybe you shouldn't play with it yet [emoji6]
I knew someone would tell me that haha, i just wanted to 100% make sure i was correct about it.

I knew someone would tell me that haha, i just wanted to 100% make sure i was correct about it.
Mate it's slightly worrying to see your gonna be playing with a dangerous mech when you clearly don't understand what your doing as it does not offer second chances if it's wrong you can kill yourself like the guy in the States did so just make sure you check everything 10 times over if you have to before you use it

Don't go below 0.4 ohms...
13245472_1207091992635547_1668978256937626574_n_large.jpeg

Most sites say: "All mechanical mods are for advanced users only. Please make sure you have knowledge of Ohms law and battery safety before you purchase and use these devices."

With the best will in the world, this isn't you. Stick to regulated and learn over time.

Mechs don't give you a better vape, they don't produce more clouds, the vape isn't hotter. Every single thing you've written about wanting from a vape in all the threads you've started, you can get from a regulated device and a dripper.

Back
Top Bottom