What's new

What wire for 8.4V?

Andy S

Postman
I recently picked up a Noisy Cricket series box cheap and as I haven't used series before I'm after some opinions on wires. I figured heavy for the volts and I had some 24g kanth so I made a simple twist, 5 wraps on a 6mm bit and got around .6 Ohm
It's on a Pulse RDA. Ramps up pretty quick but it's cooler than I expected. So I'm going to aim for a lower resistance but not sure whether to use a thinner wire or fewer wraps or smaller I.D. or different metal. (Someone told me SS is not very good at high volts). I tried parallel wires instead of a twist and the ohms came down a bit but the flavour wasn't so good.

What do you reckon?

If memory serves chunky bastard coils at about 0.45 ohms is best. I think I used straight 0.5mm kanth when I had big boy pants and got a V1 cricket.
Was mighty warm yet fairly tasty outcome.
Try no go lower than 0.4 ohms tho', that was the best advice I got with the thing!

Comin up to 1 of 2 things I dread.I plan on a pretty much bare bones electrical system.Not quite sure yet if Im running turn signals.What gauge wire should I use for the switch, head & tail/brake light, & going from coils to points?
You do know this is a vaping forum, not auto-electrics. ;)

Back
Top Bottom