What's new

What tank to put on a TimesVape Keen stack

GingerNinja

Initiate
Greetings all, long time lurker here who's after some help and advice.

I'm currently waiting on the delivery of a TimesVape Keen mech mod with stack tube, and I'm not sure on what tank to put on the mod.

Firstly abit of a background on my current kit;

Mods:
  • Paranormal DNA250C
  • Dovpo Topside Dual
  • Dovpo Topside Dual Carbon Monet limited edition
  • Coilart Mage Mech
Tanks:
  • Wismec Profile RDA
  • Wismec Profile RTA
  • Wismec Tobino
  • Fat Rabbit
  • Dead Rabbit
  • Drop
  • Drop Dead
  • Bonza
  • Ammit Dual
  • Psyclonemods Entheon/Hadeon 22m RDA
As can be seen from the above, I have gone through most of the more popular/common tanks. But my go to tank at the moment is still the Profile RDA (so much so that I have a Profile 1.5 RDA on pre-order), and I'm finding it hard to beat flavour wise at the moment hence why I'm going to try the mech route again.

So what tank would people recommend (for flavour chasing) to put on a stacked Keen mech? I'm currently leaning towards the Asgard Mini RDA, but I feel that I'm kind of venturing into new territory here and need some help and advise please.

I also assume that the Samsung 30T 21700 are currently the best batteries to put in mech mods?

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be a dick, honestly for once, but tanks/RTAs have liquid storage, and RDAs don't - so the terminology is tanks for the former and drippers for the latter. This might save some confusion down the line when asking for advice as if you ask about tanks people will advise you only on something with a glass tank and never a dripper. Apologies had to get that out of the way ;)

Now for running in series - remember you will be doubling the voltage of a single cell mech by going stacked, so you're going from 4.2v to 8.4v so you need to up the resistance considerably to what you would use on a single cell!
I've had the Bonza v1 RDA before and it can easily handle series builds - seeing as you have one already I'd use that for now plus it's hybrid safe - series vaping is a powerful vape, I was running the Bonza at 0.4 but that was on an 18650 series box, 21700s will have a fair bit more oomph. You need big, wide chunky coils for series so it doesn't immediately boil the liquid - I buy my coils from @Smut of this here fine parish; I got him to make me 3mm Ni80 fused claptons at 0.4 for the pair for the Bonza, he does aliens too if you fancy them - superb long lasting coils and worth every penny, quick delivery and he's a good lad, just tell him what you're after and he'll sort you out.

Samsung 30t's are perfect and you'll be well within their amp limit at 0.4. Make sure you get the battery connector with your stacked section as flat top batteries generally won't make a connection and you need to use the jumper piece between them, one of these in case you don't get one https://shade-e-vaping.co.uk/product/battery-connector-for-stacked-mods-by-endless-mods-uk/

HTH.

Avoid the Profile or 1.5 on a mech, especially stacked. You'll be melting the mesh in milliseconds.

Yeah I know not to use those on a mech, was just an example of the RDA that I currently enjoy using.
Some people do use them on single cell but they pull too many amps to be safe on a 18650 tube unless the 0.18ohm mesh is used as it's 23A but puts 90+W through the mesh. Did try out of curiosity & not nice :eek::D

you could take a look at the Axial Pro it comes with a very handy series deck making building 0.35-0.45 ohm dual builds a breeze.
Im currently using one on a Vaperz cloud series mod and have to say it is excellent.
Flavour wise i would say its is very close to that of my OG Goon 24mm and of course if you want you can have Clouds for days as a bonus.
It makes using triple core fused claptons/Aliens easy as you no longer need 20 thousand wraps inorder to keep your ohms up above 0.3 - 0.4

If you go for this RDa and have one of those lovely coily Tools By Simon id say the sweet spot for cutting your coil legs is 6.5mm

i would suggest the asgaard 30mm rda . First of all you could install a build for a stack and 2nd it fits with the 30mm ring from the keen perfect. And even the colours match up. I have the black copper keen and the black asgaard rda.

Awwww man i didn´t saw your post there gary .

Back
Top Bottom