What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Underwhelmed (RDA)

So I've been vaping for about 2 years now, I started off using a MTL starter kit. From there I moved onto sub ohm devices, however I didn't really get along with any of the ones I tried, so I went back to using a MTL vape. A few weeks a go I purchased the Pulse BF and The Drop RDA. I know all my safety, what I should and shouldn't do, but I'm very underwhelmed by the experience I am getting, considering an RDA is supposed to be the best gaping experience there is. I have only tried 2 builds... 1 with 24g Kanthal and 1 with 25g Flattened Nichrome (Brochrome) I'm not necessarily getting dry or burnt hits, it just always seems to feel a bit dull or muted. I'm open to any suggestions or advice. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope it makes sense.
Matt

Aye, the kanth is going to suck on a mech, that much is certain, but the Brochrome should've given you something decent. Damned finest kind wire that!
I've got my Drop on my mech squonker and all is quite peachy keen. Tho' I have popped a few builds in just to get a good 'un.

So, what do you find muted? The flavour, the vape or just the whole experience?
Have you fiddled about with the coil placement? i know there is only so much you can do what with the build deck and post positioning, but like the difference twixt a good pass to a bad pass in rugby a millimetre or two makes all the difference!

The Pulse is an alright bit of kit, herself has one and it seems no bad. One thing I would suggest is to clean up all the contacts and swab out the 510 threads. You'd be surprised at the difference shiny shiny metal can make - less voltage drop so more power can get to the coils!
Whilst some are advocating a very low ohm build, 0.2 ohms with the Brochrome should be giving you plenty tasty toot. The atty can be an airy bastard, but you close it down a bit and have 0.2 - 0.4 ohm build, that should do you.

TL:DR - clean the contacts, avoid kanth, play with coil position and all should be cloudz!

To be honest, the pulse, for me was a bit rubbish...it was good for 20 minutes but the drop was horrendous......

Back
Top Bottom