What's new

Tutorial - Sealing Connection Pin SXK BB USB Version

@Vapaneeza Scrooge; I wouldn't do the buttons though.

I did, i used a cocktail stick to put a very small amount around each button then when fitted back into place i gave it a good wipe and it works perfectly and gives me a bit of piece of mind, and i did also add a screen protector sealed in

I'm going to have to do my one again. I've been getting some funny behaviour where it goes to Temp Mode and seems to have ohms locked itself.
It's now in bits, so I'm off to Screwfix for the Fernox sealant, as the old stuff I used didn't seem to work well enough.
On a brighter note, there was only a few droplets of juice in there, so I'm hoping no harm done to the board, which looks to be bone dry.

**UPDATE**

Latest SXK DNA60 with USB there is no need to strip down any more than the board cover plate, gently lever it up with ceramic tweezers and you should see the BLUE wire going to the connection pin, using your tweezers gently push it up and you should see it pop out the housing, again using your tweezers, grip the blue wire and push the black plastic housing down as per photo, seal both the pin and black housing, push it all back in, press down on the pin for a few seconds or pop your boro tank back in and screw down.

Carefully place the board and USB board back into place (you may need to pull back the blue wire) and screw it back together - JOB DONE and took around 5 minutes total.

View attachment 190890

View attachment 190889
I did this method today, worked fine even with my sausage fingers.
Thanks @Vapaneezer Scrooge
Oh yes, nearly forgot it was on a new DNA60 black from FT

Just wanted to say thank you for this guide. Finally managed to seal my dna60 with your instructions. Literally took a few minutes just like you said.

Just to add for anyone wondering on the screw size. If you have a manta rta, the allen key provided with that fits the bb screws perfectly.

Very helpful guide, cheers @Vapaneezer Scrooge
Had a new SXK arrive this week, thanks again to your heads up on another thread. Good to have the sealing done before using it.

Any tips on getting the back, back on?

Mine just won't sit flush at the button end? I can't see anything obstructing it, but the button seems kind of janky now, but maybe it will work again if the back would go flush.

Is it the USB version?

Either way it's likely to be a wire that is obstructing it going flush, it's a case of prodding the wires (or usb plug) down with a blunt object and wiggling the plate down before you screw it back down.

The only other obstruction could be the fire button circuit piece not sitting flush in it's recess, again jiggle it into position before tightening the screws.

Let us know how you get on, but it needs to go back.

It's probably the USB port, main thing to ensure is you are not trapping any wires as you screw it down, the USB port needs a little persuasion but all should pop back into place when the wires are clear.

Back
Top Bottom