What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Tutorial - Sealing Connection Pin SXK BB USB Version

Just sealed both of my DNA's and they are even easier, I didn't need to disconnect the screen as there was plenty of slack to get some tweezers in and pop the connector up, did the 2 in about 10 minutes :)

Vap, did you remove the usb? The reason I ask is that since I sealed mine, I’ve noticed a bit of movement in the usb port. I’m not sure if I might have neglected to attach it to a clip inside there, or if that’s just the way it is. I’m always very careful plugging and unplugging usbs, but it doesn’t seem right. I might take the cover off the button/screen again just to check that out.

Mine are the older DNA's so no USB.

The SXK had a USB and no issues with it being loose so yeah it might be worth a quick unscrew and check it's seated correctly.

Another bit of advice if you find it irritating is send it me to keep for you as I want a BB DNA with USB :18:

PS - going to use one of those 'Multi-Pick' tools later for swirling Resin patterns - I might print a toothpick hedgehog for myself at this rate.

Vap, did you remove the usb? The reason I ask is that since I sealed mine, I’ve noticed a bit of movement in the usb port.

I was the same when I did my one, sorry about the dentist analogy, but that usb is like a wobbly tooth in there. Once the cover is back on it's as solid as a rock.
Running @stealthvape Clapton wire in my one now, even better flavour. 6 wraps at 3mm, 0.77 ohms. @ 34w
I just keep smiling to myself.

:D

I ditched the clapton wire this morning. Had “check atomiser” again. I think I’d not been careful enough snipping the ends off and it was shorting, but put my 30awg stainless back in it and it felt like an old friend had returned.

The Boro that I got with the BB keeps throwing that up, but only when I have the condensation plug in. The black one I got with the Vapeshell doesn't do it, even with the plug. I'm thinking it's to do with the bottom contact, not the coil.
These BB's sure have their wee foibles to get to grips with.

Loving it though....;)

The Boro that I got with the BB keeps throwing that up, but only when I have the condensation plug in. The black one I got with the Vapeshell doesn't do it, even with the plug. I'm thinking it's to do with the bottom contact, not the coil.
These BB's sure have their wee foibles to get to grips with.

Loving it though....;)
I had to lightly sand the plugs to get the atty to connect with the sxk. I don’t know if it would affect things too much to take a tiny bit off the Boro legs?

I had to lightly sand the plugs to get the atty to connect with the sxk. I don’t know if it would affect things too much to take a tiny bit off the Boro legs?

Well now you mention it, the legs on the supplied Boro, look longer at the back, so I was planning a little wet & dry on it.

Back
Top Bottom