POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Tutorial - Sealing Connection Pin SXK BB USB Version

Discussion in 'Billet Box' started by Vapaneezer Scrooge, Feb 15, 2019.

1. MiscoDatt

MiscoDatt Veteran

Glad you got it done. It really is very simple isn't it.

I too hate the dentist. For years I had to take a prescribed vallium the night before to cope I was that bad. I feel your dentistry pain ;). oddly im pretty ok these days but they all know im very anxious when I go so treat me with kid gloves.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vape Club
  3. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Olympian

I dodged the dentist for 20 odd years @Discomatt , after a terrible dentist when I was a youngster. Luckily my teeth haven’t fared too bad though. I try and go fairly regularly now, it seems that dentistry has become more humane since I was a kid.

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. Vapaneezer Scrooge

Vapaneezer Scrooge Vendor

Was my guide okay or any tips you would add?

Apart from you and your toothpick fetish :18:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Innokin
  6. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Olympian

No, it was great as a rough guide. I’m not sure if maybe the wiring is tighter on the dna one though, I’m not sure I had as much room as in your tutorial.

The toothpick is the tool for all ecig needs. Have you 3d printed a batch yet?

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  7. Vapaneezer Scrooge

Did you disconnect the screen? it should have given more room, going to do my 2 DNA's today, been too lazy to do em.

I'm going to have to give these toothpick gizmo's a try, they appear to have so many uses they should be called a Multi-Pick.

There's a 3D print of a hedgehog with holes for toothpicks - looks ace.

• Like Like x 1
  8. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Olympian

No, I knew it was a possibility but when I looked in i sussed it could be easily pushed out with the toothpick. I took the path of least resistance. :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Olympian

I had a hairy moment earlier, I picked it up to have a puff and it flashed up “check atomiser”. I was worried I might have damaged the wiring or something, but I drained it and put a new build in the vapeshell and thankfully it worked fine.

I used the coilology ni80 clapton, and I have to say it’s excellent in the vapeshell. Better than my standard 30awg 316L. It’s very thick and flavoursome vapour with inawera french pipe in there. It seems to suit this atty very well. 4 wraps at 2.5mm.

• Like Like x 3
  10. MiscoDatt

MiscoDatt Veteran

Do you think it’s actually producing more vapour? I just got a restock and changed out from some plain wire and I am convinced I’m getting more vapour from it and I’m wondering if this is improving the flavour?

• Like Like x 2
  11. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Olympian

I think it could be @Discomatt , the good thing about this is it’s not increasing the ramp up time much, if at all, either.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Vapaneezer Scrooge

Just sealed both of my DNA's and they are even easier, I didn't need to disconnect the screen as there was plenty of slack to get some tweezers in and pop the connector up, did the 2 in about 10 minutes :)

• Like Like x 3