What's new

Tutorial - Sealing Connection Pin SXK BB USB Version

This wee fecker is giving me the ache now the replacement seal won’t take a glass over it either.

I might just launch this boro tank over the hedge and get something not made by SXK.

any reasonably priced recommendations?

Attachments

• B3FFDF2A-79DC-4A71-935D-5B163DA15CCF.jpeg
    B3FFDF2A-79DC-4A71-935D-5B163DA15CCF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 173
Get another Sxk boro bud. Some gaskets can be a pain in the arse to get on. I drown them in liquid and eventually get them on. Once it’s on you’ll not have any issues for some time. Had a quick look there and Ecigone selling them for £7.99.
The BBV boro is noticeably better but if I remember they are around £40. Armor Bunker boro is decent aswell for £40 but has weak o ring too and bottom. Limelight also brought out a very tidy boro with adjustable AFC for £45. There’s plenty out there but they ain’t cheap.

Last edited:
Lo all. I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but it's a useful thread nonetheless.
Had my sxk BB a couple of weeks. Obviously I wait till it dumped a tank before attempting to seal.
IMG_20220514_131116.jpg
I've got a 22 model and pin is already sealed but juice made its way into the mid. So I decided to seal from the top as well after giving it a clean out. Same as you would on a new bath or shower tray.
Very tiny amount brushed around the top with LS-X. Top stuff by the way.
Silicone shrinks after a while and even contact adhesive becomes brittle especially with heat.
Just wanted to say thanks to OP. Great original post and eternally useful.

Hi all-

I've got this sealant today to do the Abyss' and also the SXK DNA BBs I have. Thank you very much for such good info! Can I ask how the "real" BBs fare with needing this treatment, if they do? If so then in the same way? Hoping to get one in the near future. Cheers in advance!

J

I wished I had the confidence to do this to both my sxk bb, love the guide it does sound so simple but I really have got the confidence.

Back
Top Bottom