What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Tutorial - Sealing Connection Pin SXK BB USB Version

Thanks for the guide @Vapaneezer Scrooge, just got done sealing mine up, didn't take long at all with the correct driver.

Used Fernox as you suggested, just hope I haven't applied too little. I presume it should compress as you pop the pin back in and increase the coverage and seal better.

Back up and vaping on it within 20 minutes of starting.

I did notice on mine, half way down the blue wire (for the pin), there was a sizeable nick in the wire sheath, exposing some of the bare wires. Anything to worry about? It's the SXK DNA60.

You're welcome, glad it helped.

You should know if you've used enough as excess should appear around the pin once pushed back in (wipe that away).

The exposed wire, was it inside the little black cap of the connector or is it left exposed inside? if it's exposed inside I would pop some insulation tape around it.

You're welcome, glad it helped.

You should know if you've used enough as excess should appear around the pin once pushed back in (wipe that away).

The exposed wire, was it inside the little black cap of the connector or is it left exposed inside? if it's exposed inside I would pop some insulation tape around it.

I had some ozze out as it was setting too, just peeled it from the edges.

Not the exposed part where it joins the pin. This exposed part is halfway down the wire, so exposed to the board area, its actually a tear where the wire bends.

I'll pop her open and tape it up shortly then, just to be safe, thanks.

I have an SXK DNA60 bb without usb and decided to have a go at sealing it, I couldn’t get the pin to come out of the plastic collar but got the lot out in one so sealed the collar and put back together.
Since putting it back together I only have half a battery symbol now (didn’t need to remove the screen there was enough room) anyone else every had this happen ?
Fantastic tutorial @Vapaneezer Scrooge easy to understand and great pics
60D5408B-CFA7-4B28-8844-968BEFF1C1A6.jpeg

I have an SXK DNA60 bb without usb and decided to have a go at sealing it, I couldn’t get the pin to come out of the plastic collar but got the lot out in one so sealed the collar and put back together.
Since putting it back together I only have half a battery symbol now (didn’t need to remove the screen there was enough room) anyone else every had this happen ?
View attachment 210669

Could be a bit of slight damage to the screen. They are quite delicate. I had to replace a screen and promptly broke the replacement one.

View attachment 210669

I would check the ribbon connection for the screen on the board, you should be able to see if it's seated fully (same as the bottom of the photo).

You can lever up the connector and ensure the connection is pushed in fully then clip the lever down.

There is a risk though, if the ribbon is at fault and you upset it then it could worsen, your call if you are confident, @stealthvape might be able to advise if they still stock the screens.

Or our resident expert @domejunky will hopefully advise better than me.

BB-Pin-Seal-2.jpg

Though it's not from mod experience, that looks like damage or liquid ingress between the rubber contacts and the screen itself. I've seen the same on multimeters after a bath or long term storage. It may even be that side of the LCD is not actually laying flat, on its contacts.

Thankyou @rew @Vapaneezer Scrooge @RAPTOREX for your replies, Thinking back I have had the screen out before when I connected it to Escribe so maybe I caught then and pulling the board up just finished it.
I will pull the screen out the board with a good old faithful cocktail stick and reseat the plug if not order a new screen.
Thanks for your input

UPDATE: Recieved a new screen after a little swearing all back together and working as it should Checked later on that day and noooooo there was a crack in the new one. The earth screw from the other side had about a thread poking though and when I put the faceplate on caused it to crack the new screen another screen ordered and Dremmeled down the head of the screw fingers crossed or up the garden it go’s.

Last edited:
Hi all , first post , not long had my bb and followed this cracking info cheers all sealed up and good to go literally takes a couple of minutes

Awaiting the arrival of my BB should be today. Now for the question has anyone used hotglue to seal? I have silicone and hotglue both so I have options. Also I've read that the "newer" versions do not "need" to be sealed can anyone confirm this?????

Back
Top Bottom