What's new

Triple parallel mech 18650 at 0.08 which batteries best?

Dozwold

Postman
Hi all, I have a recently bought lovely Defiant Designs TS and it’s time for some new spare batteries. I do vape at 0.08 as that’s my favourite build/coils. I need to buy a couple of new triple sets of batteries so considering sets of VTY6, 30Q or HG2. They all show 20amps (At least) on Fogstar.

Seems all can handle my needs then as amperage needed would be 52amps for my build at 4.2 based on ohms law so seems safe enough and 3x20amps should cover me safely. The 30Q is lowest cost, but I also read that the manufacturer suggest those are only 15amps rated and not 20amp making them only 45amps parallel as a set of 3, so that stopped me buying them as a bit dubious if may be unsafe to get those for my needs. I guess we have to calculate at the maximum of 4.2V, no?

So any advice on which of these to go with to not have to change batteries constantly as well as having a good hard vape all the way down to 3.6volts when in triple parallel and at 0.08?

Many thanks and hope you all are safe.

I wouldn't bother with the 30Q my set for the triple parallel only lasted about 2 months before they was useless and recycled personally I would get a set of molicel they feel like they run as long as the vtc6 just hit harder for a little longer, could all be in my head like as I have no scientific proof to show this is the case and on paper what I'm saying is wrong [emoji23]

I would go for 3 VTC5A, three of them provide almost 75amps as parallel.

I'd go with Molicel as well, I had some 30q's in regulated devices a few years back and thought they were rubbish.

But he's not looking for more amp he knows the limits and is looking to maximize runtime [emoji6]

yep Matty your on the ball. I use Samsung 20s at moment, but the runtime is disappointing. I don’t think I will have any performance increase If I get more of those as don’t need the 90amps considering coils only pull 52amps max. hence more battery life for the would be nice. Also have the VT5A but also at 75, however disposing of those due to an accident and small boom I had with one of them when I put one in the wrong way in the device when was tired and not thinking straight. I will dispose of the whole set now even though only one shows physical damage just to be safe.

So 30Q is now off the choice, so did you really notice a diff in ‘hit’ in parallel between Molicell (2600mahm) and VTC6 (3000 man). would 75amp vs 60 ap be noticeable when it seems the coil only can take 52amps at 4.2v if that...maybe the 0.08 coil takes more even though it ‘needs’ 52amps? or is i5 that the best battery may just provides the 52amps for longer? Always learning :)

As someone who doesn't own or use a mech, 0.08 just sounds like you're trying to blow your teeth out of your head

As someone who doesn't own or use a mech, 0.08 just sounds like you're trying to blow your teeth out of your head
I vape a .08 build on a dual parallel mech with 2 x 30A cells. Nothing wrong with that. Check ohms law mate.

I vape a .08 build on a dual parallel mech with 2 x 30A cells. Nothing wrong with that. Check ohms law mate.

Nothing wrong with that as you need a max 52amps pull and you have 60amps available - so why not.

Just with parallel seem to need to be even more careful, with wraps and batteries, and also be careful you put batts in the right way around in a parallel every single time, as otherwise the sparks will fly as I found out one day in my triple. Also you need to tighten the negatives so all batteries get used, my TS seems to even work on one battery alone, so I’m always careful to tighten all three negatives to make sure all batts get used in parallel and work together.

What parallel mech do you use and do you like it?

Back
Top Bottom