What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Tips for beginners in mechs?

Zited

Postman
Okay ngl, I've been vaping a decently long time, been into RDA's for a year or 2 now. i've ALWAYS wanted a mech mod cause damn they look so flipping clean, but I have always been too scared of them blowing up etc you know how it goes. but i recently came across this FUSH "semi mech mod" ???, does this mean that like its safe like my VooPoo Drag, or can it still blow up... I'm so so so tempted to buy it but idk if i'm ready or not, i'm sure you guys will know alot more about this than me so please help a fellow vaper out with this one!! :), it's just that reddit posts are saying "yes it's perfectly safe it's just like an aegis legend" litterly quoted that from some reddit. but some state that it's still capable of screwing up... man I just want a tube mod hahah

Watch the vaping post man review of the fush!! His autofired when he wasn't in the room so I don't think it's as safe as a mech if I'm honest [emoji1] tips for beginners

1. Only build your coils to the CDR of your battery
2. Use a ohm's law calculator to check your working out especially if your pissed when building
3. Build and check your firing good on a regulated gadget before moving your RDA to the mech
4. Clean clean clean oh yeah and clean your mech to keep it working in tip top condition
5. Remember to check everything twice post screws ( make sure there still tight after the build) stray bits of wire in the well of your RDA that could cause a short you know the usual stuff
6. If your doing all of the above and your not a total idiot enjoy it and don't worry too much about it been a mech because your using your common sense and your been safe

Watch the vaping post man review of the fush!! His autofired when he wasn't in the room so I don't think it's as safe as a mech if I'm honest [emoji1] tips for beginners

1. Only build your coils to the CDR of your battery
2. Use a ohm's law calculator to check your working out especially if your pissed when building
3. Build and check your firing good on a regulated gadget before moving your RDA to the mech
4. Clean clean clean oh yeah and clean your mech to keep it working in tip top condition
5. Remember to check everything twice post screws ( make sure there still tight after the build) stray bits of wire in the well of your RDA that could cause a short you know the usual stuff
6. If your doing all of the above and your not a total idiot enjoy it and don't worry too much about it been a mech because your using your common sense and your been safe

1. Yeah I try my best too do that, thing is man I havent tried a mech mod yet so idk yet I just dont know if I feel safe going ahead and making that step but I really want a tube :(
2. Yeah I also try and always check my ohms i ordered a ohm reader today just incase my regulated mod isnt correct
3. As I stated above I do not own a mech yet, but I would be firing on my ohm reader etc as I assume thats the same thing?
4. Uhm... yeah as i said in a different post someone brung this up, I don't really understand this part, yeah cleaning sounds easy enough, but how the hell do you do it?, regulated mods dont need cleaned?
5. Yeah this is pretty obvious no offence haha.
6. I don't even have a mech and it seems I know a decent bit. I just need to understand the Ohms Law a little better and maybe i'd be good to get a mech?, idk what is the chances of it blowing up in my face like be honest...

1. Yeah I try my best too do that, thing is man I havent tried a mech mod yet so idk yet I just dont know if I feel safe going ahead and making that step but I really want a tube :(
2. Yeah I also try and always check my ohms i ordered a ohm reader today just incase my regulated mod isnt correct
3. As I stated above I do not own a mech yet, but I would be firing on my ohm reader etc as I assume thats the same thing?
4. Uhm... yeah as i said in a different post someone brung this up, I don't really understand this part, yeah cleaning sounds easy enough, but how the hell do you do it?, regulated mods dont need cleaned?
5. Yeah this is pretty obvious no offence haha.
6. I don't even have a mech and it seems I know a decent bit. I just need to understand the Ohms Law a little better and maybe i'd be good to get a mech?, idk what is the chances of it blowing up in my face like be honest...
The cleaning part I explained on your other post, ohm's law is simple enough if you use a calculator like steam engine as you know what the CDR of your battery is and you know it puts out 4.2 of voltage so you can adjust the resistance on the site until the amp draw is in line or preferably lower than the CDR of your battery and that's all you need to do to be in safe territory as far as vaping it goes the rest is just making sure your firing right on a regulated mod or ohm reader battery safety and cleaning , how likely are you to vent a battery? I don't know you so I can't answer that but I can say I've used mechs for years and I know what I'm doing and I managed to vent 3 battery's in my time, 1 through improper cleaning of a mech where my switch got stuck on because it was not cleaned, 1 when I tried to fix a stabwood mech with a battery in and I put a small screw strait through the side of a 18350 and once with a hard short none of which was fun and I left stains in my boxers and was lucky they didn't set me on fire and all because I became complacent in using them so if your not careful they can and will bite but as long as your checking everything properly all of the time they are safe

Keep it clean. Get into the habit of doing this on a regular basis.
Check twice. Check the resistance of your builds, tighten screws, check again.
Battery wraps. Make sure they're intact, no tears/nicks anywhere. That wrap could be the difference between vaping it & launching it out of the window.
If in doubt check again.

Back
Top Bottom