What's new

The Port - Pegatek

Cdr_Shep

Initiate
Hey Billet Boxers,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've tried searching the forums & can't find any mention of this company (Pegatek) or the one(?) product they make, which is called The Port.

29414914_550196708713334_4390796924135931904_n.jpg

Just from this picture you should be able to see the similarity to the BB. it's an AIO Box Mod with a rebuildable atomiser within that section at the top left. I've found a facebook group which is run by the guy who makes these, but wanted to put out some feelers here to see if anyone knows anything about these devices, has had/has one, or anything about them really!

@Rob or @TartanSpartan if this needs moving/deleting, please feel free to do so.

I've seen a lot about this over on fb and have always been quite intrigued by it. :) Certainly interesting. :)

There is a review by Bloody Good Vaping on youtube but you can only buy it from the Facebook group and it is over £500!! Not one for me I'm afraid!

I've been intrigued by the Port for a few years. There's an episode of The Plumes of Hazard where they look at it in some depth. The modder makes everything inside including the firmware for the board, and it connects in a modular fashion - without solder.

It's mesh only, and the modder has some quite extreme views on mesh. He doesn't believe in oxidising mesh, preferring to oxidise the coil instead - I've tried it, it kind of works...

I think there is a new model in the works, slightly higher wattage. It uses dual batteries - I think 18350 or 16340.

The fact that it was mesh only, dual battery and expensive led me to think that the Billet Box was a more flexible proposition

() ()

So I checked out both the Bloody Good Vaping Episode and the Plumes of Hazard episode. Thanks to @quincey43 and @domejunky. I've never worked with mesh wicks before, the principle seems simple, if strange (conductive material for a wick???) From what I can see the device is a little outdated, mesh wicks being old news, and dual small batteries also being old news. For the kind of price that it is and the inconveniences it entails, perhaps I'll steer clear. Still love the form factor & aesthetics of the thing though. If anyone has one I'd love to hear more from them!

I've used the port almost exclusively for years from the beta prototype through to the release version and a prototype designed for cotton (wider wick hole) I haven't kept up with development on this or to be honest anything else vape related but I can say I wouldn't be without mine. Yes it's expensive but I'm pretty sure it's paid for itself. If you change your setup every week it's probably not for you. If you want something that does a job and will keep doing it for years then I'd recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom