What's new

The all things BilletBox thread

I've noticed that nearly all the BB's on Fasttech are discontinued. Is that because there's a new version in the offing or what?

What I seem to see is certain colours go out of stock, then when that colour comes in, another is out of stock. When I looked a month or so ago they had the rat black and I think all others were showing as discontinued, but over the sale period they had about four different colours, i got the yellow one which was showing discontinued when I looked before.

Ah, some interchangeable "out of stock" with "discontinued" to sell what they got the most of?

Any more recent experiences with the SXK BB? I'm torn between the 60W DNA or their 70W chip.

I'm also wondering if a genuine BB is worth the extra cash.... if its superior build quality, sealed so no chance of juice ingress etc it would be worth splashing out more but I can't find any info on this.

I would be interested in peoples experiences if they could share?

I have all of the above. 2 genuine, and sxk dna and the 70. In terms of quality there is very little in it. They all perform well, Inc the 70 chip.
The genuine just has that special feel to it but whether it's worth the extra is personal preference.

I have all of the above. 2 genuine, and sxk dna and the 70. In terms of quality there is very little in it. They all perform well, Inc the 70 chip.
The genuine just has that special feel to it but whether it's worth the extra is personal preference.

Thanks Simon, do you know if the original is sealed at the pin to stop juice wrecking the board?

Pretty much what @simon23484 says. If you just want to run it in wattage/ power mode the 70W version works fine. If you use TC then the DNA60 is more accurate. Is a genuine worth it? I guess if it is your ultimate device then it is worth considering.

Thanks Simon, do you know if the original is sealed at the pin to stop juice wrecking the board?

Yes, the original is sealed at the pin. The other thing that might be worth considering is the KRMA bridge. Don't have one myself but apparently they produce very little or no condensation build up.

As I have commented elsewhere....... For ME personally ....... and we all want and expect different things from our devices...... The Krma Bridge has become my "go to" Bridge of choice. The condensation build up is about as minimal as one can reasonably expect from the Bridge/Boro design. It also helps that it produces truly prodigious Flavour :)

Hi I love the og billet, if i could start from the beginning when I first started buying BB’s, I would definitely get the real deal, as I spent money buying 3 Sxk, 70 w, 60, watt, then the newer one with the the usb, even if I had only ever purchased one, one I had had a friends OG, in my hand I then knew I wanted the original. I hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom