What's new

The all things BilletBox thread

*UPDATE* Just heard from SXK/FB communication - they don't sell the board as a replacement unit, can fix it though using warranty via original seller who should initiate the servicing process. Fair enough, but what a bummer for me!

So in need for your ideas more than ever, guys... :))))

Hi @John Pach and welcome to the Planet :)

I'm afraid I can't be much help - I'm sure someone will be along soon tho, there are many very knowledgeable Apes here - but have you seen this thread https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/1031/? It has links for all the bits for mod makers so there might be something useful!

Another option (as far as I'm aware, but I could be wrong [emoji16] ) is to replace the whole board with the small screen DNA60 as I'm pretty sure they're the same size and layout.

Just saw your update, was thinking Evolv might be your best bet and although inconvenient it would at least be a free option apart from postage.

Good luck!

Hi @John Pach and welcome to the Planet :)

I'm afraid I can't be much help - I'm sure someone will be along soon tho, there are many very knowledgeable Apes here - but have you seen this thread https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/1031/? It has links for all the bits for mod makers so there might be something useful!

Another option (as far as I'm aware, but I could be wrong [emoji16] ) is to replace the whole board with the small screen DNA60 as I'm pretty sure they're the same size and layout.

Just saw your update, was thinking Evolv might be your best bet and although inconvenient it would at least be a free option apart from postage.

Good luck!

Hey @cindy99, many thanks for the pointer to the modmakers thread, I will gladly check it out.

A small correction here if I may, maybe I did not explain things correctly: the DNA board itself works absolutely fine in my BB, that's not where the problem is.

The problem is on the side of the screen, just under the metallic screen plate (the one that has the cutout for the screen and the buttons). There is a (separate from the dna board) little board there with just two actuators for the two black buttons we see under the screen.

Those two buttons are connected with 3 cables (ground + 1 for each button) to the main dna board. So, essentially, those two black buttons we see are a "remote control" to the main dna board. When we press the up button for example in the BB, we don't press the actual button of the DNA chip (which is on the other side of the mod, under the other panel with the button - and that can be a good thing really), but we press on a remote button that is cabled to the actual dna board. This is true I believe for *ALL* BB regardless of the chip used just because of the philosophy of construction of the BB.

And now, it is exactly the actuator below that black up-button on that little remote mini-board under the screen that is busted and needs replacing (either that or I shall have to make from scratch another mini-board myself at this point if I find the proper actuators...).

Hopefully it is more clear now..

Hi all, a greek guy here.. bought my first BB, an sxk purple DNA40 2nd hand a couple of weeks back, loved it and bought the DNA60 version brand new from provapes :)
I have read the entire original 'clone vs authentic' / GB thread in case anyone has faced a problem with one of the control +/- buttons on his SXK BB before, but nope! So as I was inching my way to the end, I see this continuation thread for all things BB... And seeing a good company of straight-up ppl I thought I might venture here for a solution or any ideas.
So here it comes:

Problem is the watts-UP/right button in the dna40 BB does not function properly. Meaning, I can use up/right and down/left buttons to increase or decrease the wattage, but after a while (within minutes), the up button activates on its own without being pressed and wattage goes to the full 40 watts.
Then, if I press it once it gets unstuck and I can set my wattage, no problem, but after a while it again activates on its own and of course goes to 40W once more... (I captured this behaviour on the attached video)

I am pretty sure the up button (the actuator I think it is called?) is busted and I will probably have to replace the mini-button controller board shown on the photo. It is separate from the DNA board and it is hooked to it via 3 thin wires just under the screen face plate, so it is an straight job if one has a replacement mini board...

For the moment, I have:
(a) posted the video and described the problem on youtube ...

...in case some help comes from there and
(b) been in communication with Nastya@sxk with details of the problem, trying to get at least one +/- control button mini board replacement. Since I got it second hand I do not expect warranty or anything of the kind, I am offering to pay, after all it should be cheep, no intelligence on this mini board at all, it is just offers remote control +- functionality to the main dna40 board on the other side of the mod :)

Since neither (a) or (b) has paid off yet (option b is really a slow back and forth, don't know why since I am asking to buy, and not free stuff), I am exploring if any technically-savvy folk here can suggest a place to get such a small actuator I will be able to replace the busted one myself, I have handled an iron successfully in electronic components when needed in the past.
I could use one of the +/- button actuators from a busted istick-50w (remember those?) but it has much higher vertical relief than the original actuator on the bb mini board.

Any - really any - ideas welcome!
Cheers and thanks for listening!
@John Pach

They look like low profile tactile switches. Pretty cheap to buy, reasonably easy to solder if you have a decent iron. I had to replace similar in a Vaporshark

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/5x5x1-5-mm...430388?hash=item3602df6b34:g:cCEAAOSwmtJXXKHw

If you measure yours, you should be able to find a suitable replacement...

@John Pach

They look like low profile tactile switches. Pretty cheap to buy, reasonably easy to solder if you have a decent iron. I had to replace similar in a Vaporshark

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/5x5x1-5-mm...430388?hash=item3602df6b34:g:cCEAAOSwmtJXXKHw

If you measure yours, you should be able to find a suitable replacement...

Now then, that's what I'm talking about, great people in this thread already! And now I know what I am looking for is called and a way to find it !
Many thanks @domejunky , much appreciated !

i have the SXK 70w Billet box Unfortunatly the mod has stopped working ive put this down to the chip as it was playing up prior to dying. im looking at buying a DNA 60 board any info on how to do this would be great!

i have the SXK 70w Billet box Unfortunatly the mod has stopped working ive put this down to the chip as it was playing up prior to dying. im looking at buying a DNA 60 board any info on how to do this would be great!

read a few last pages,we discussed about it and there are some pics.I replaced it recently and it was pretty straight forward,but unfortunately I didn't make any pics during swap.

I understand it can be done but I'm not understanding how there is 3 wires for the buttons. Obviously the positive for each button goes to the corresponding connection on the board but what about the ground? Do I ground it to one of the buttons grounds and both +/- work do I ground it to chassis or do i have to split cable off into 2? Any help would be great!

EDIT:
Also anywhere in the UK selling DNA 60 boards cheap? Been trying to get a DNA 60 mod or board for my therion Dna 75 as I'd prefer to use the billet box.

You ground just one,I think I bought mine from creme de vape or stealthvape,not sure

I understand it can be done but I'm not understanding how there is 3 wires for the buttons. Obviously the positive for each button goes to the corresponding connection on the board but what about the ground? Do I ground it to one of the buttons grounds and both +/- work do I ground it to chassis or do i have to split cable off into 2? Any help would be great!

EDIT:
Also anywhere in the UK selling DNA 60 boards cheap? Been trying to get a DNA 60 mod or board for my therion Dna 75 as I'd prefer to use the billet box.
Try modmaker or stealth vape for a DNA 60
http://www.modmaker.co.uk/Mod-Making-Supplies/VV-VW-Boards/Evolv-DNA60-Big-Screen-Version

Back
Top Bottom