What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

The all things BilletBox thread

IMG_20180328_175244.jpg
IMG_20180328_175222.jpg

It's a bit hard to make a good pic now cos I can't pull board out anymore,I hope it can be helpful

Can you maybe Provider a quick hand dran wire diagram of your cabling? Night be helpful for me [emoji51]
So it is about 2mm in height that is too much to close it properly. I‘ll try to resolder the Potential issues...
Thank you mate...

And be very very careful with display and take out battery during work,I broke display again taking those pics

Can you maybe Provider a quick hand dran wire diagram of your cabling? Night be helpful for me [emoji51]
So it is about 2mm in height that is too much to close it properly. I‘ll try to resolder the Potential issues...
Thank you mate...

I didn't understand,what is 2mm height?

Hi all, a greek guy here.. bought my first BB, an sxk purple DNA40 2nd hand a couple of weeks back, loved it and bought the DNA60 version brand new from provapes :)
I have read the entire original 'clone vs authentic' / GB thread in case anyone has faced a problem with one of the control +/- buttons on his SXK BB before, but nope! So as I was inching my way to the end, I see this continuation thread for all things BB... And seeing a good company of straight-up ppl I thought I might venture here for a solution or any ideas.
So here it comes:

Problem is the watts-UP/right button in the dna40 BB does not function properly. Meaning, I can use up/right and down/left buttons to increase or decrease the wattage, but after a while (within minutes), the up button activates on its own without being pressed and wattage goes to the full 40 watts.
Then, if I press it once it gets unstuck and I can set my wattage, no problem, but after a while it again activates on its own and of course goes to 40W once more... (I captured this behaviour on the attached video)

I am pretty sure the up button (the actuator I think it is called?) is busted and I will probably have to replace the mini-button controller board shown on the photo. It is separate from the DNA board and it is hooked to it via 3 thin wires just under the screen face plate, so it is an straight job if one has a replacement mini board...

For the moment, I have:
(a) posted the video and described the problem on youtube ...

...in case some help comes from there and
(b) been in communication with Nastya@sxk with details of the problem, trying to get at least one +/- control button mini board replacement. Since I got it second hand I do not expect warranty or anything of the kind, I am offering to pay, after all it should be cheep, no intelligence on this mini board at all, it is just offers remote control +- functionality to the main dna40 board on the other side of the mod :)

Since neither (a) or (b) has paid off yet (option b is really a slow back and forth, don't know why since I am asking to buy, and not free stuff), I am exploring if any technically-savvy folk here can suggest a place to get such a small actuator I will be able to replace the busted one myself, I have handled an iron successfully in electronic components when needed in the past.
I could use one of the +/- button actuators from a busted istick-50w (remember those?) but it has much higher vertical relief than the original actuator on the bb mini board.

Any - really any - ideas welcome!
Cheers and thanks for listening!

Attachments

• VID_20180414_154055.mov
    2.2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20180414_154413.jpg
    IMG_20180414_154413.jpg
    558.7 KB · Views: 129
Back
Top Bottom