What's new

Temp Control Issues

Cdr_Shep

Initiate
Hey PotV,

So i woke up this morning to a leaky coil in my SXK Billet Box DNA 60 (USB). Having cleaned everything out with kitchen paper (I don't own any cleaning alcohol) and none of my stainless steel atomisers seem to be functioning in temperature control. The display shows (OFF) instead of the temperature of the coil. This was working okay last night, before the leak.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue, or knows of a fix? Do I need to disassemble and check for juice inside the device? I can do this, but it would be a pain to do.

First thing I would do is check your board for juice, you would be surprised how much can get through the connection pin.

If it is soaked mop up what you can gently and leave it opened up to dry thoroughly ideally for a day, the last one I stripped even had juice all the way into the negative battery terminal.

I did a quick mop up and put it back together, it kinda worked but the problem repeated, I stripped and cleaned it again and left it to dry and it was better (problem never fully went away and replaced the board in the end)

Also, while you have it stripped it's worth considering sealing the pin to prevent it happening again, I'm going to be doing this to my 2 and will be putting up a tutorial on it with photos, should be in the next day or 2.

Sounds like the same thing that's just happened to my sxk dna60 box.
I've had it for about 18 months, but the last week it's started playing up.
I'd pick it up and it wouldn't vape, looking at the screen, the temp had scrolled all the way up to "OFF"
Fiddling with the buttons usually makes it work again, albeit temporarily.

I have had two times where the tank just dumped a load of juice, but I've cleaned it up quickly.
I presume the liquid has managed to get into the internals though.

I've ordered a new box from naturevape and some condensation plugs from @Vapaneezer Scrooge but @domejunky has also offered to take a look at my old box :)

So I've disassembled it as far as possible without a soldering iron. I'll leave it to dry for a while. I will wait for your tutorial to pop up before attempting sealing @Vapaneezer Scrooge. Thanks for the advice!

I had an old SXK 70 that had similar issues to you @Pyr0, I found that taking off the control face and cleaning underneath the button control board often worked to fix that issue (if only for a while) I think the short that causes that out of control temperature scrolling is occurring between the posts on that small board, rather than at the board level. Although both situations are possible! Good luck getting it fixed by @domejunky, but you may be able to use it a little in the mean time with cleaning under the board.

Back
Top Bottom