What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Taste missing

omroth

Postman
Hey guys.

I'm still really struggling to get any Boro (or frankly any other tank apart from the hastur mini) to get close to my preferred build on the True (MTL staple 0.55ohm 15w). I've identified that the problem is mostly airflow, but I've managed to get the airflow to match on the Cthulu AIO rba, and I'm getting a somewhat similar draw and clouds - definitely not as dense as the True, but getting close.

The problem now is that the taste just isnt there.

This build is a naturevape fused clapton reading at 0.58ohms. It heats pretty evenly (the middle two turns definitely heat up first).

Can anyone see anything I'm doing wrong with the build?

20220502_101734.jpg
20220502_101740.jpg

A couple of shots with the wick in (and showing that I've shaved off that errant wire)

20220502_110549.jpg
20220502_110559.jpg

I found the CM tank works best with the coil underside in line with the posts, i.e. don't push the coil down into the space between the posts. Still a meh tank compared to others tbh. I actually retired it to the box.

Well after a lot of trying I finally found a Boro that's giving me something - the QBix with the 0.8 insert.

You'll probably like the Bishop Cubed mate, but if you like it that tight you'd better buy the 1.0 pins like I did. Saying that, the Dope is still my favourite.

You'll probably like the Bishop Cubed mate, but if you like it that tight you'd better buy the 1.0 pins like I did. Saying that, the Dope is still my favourite.
Haha, i was gonna say also, what he was doing wrong was using that little rba that comes with it.

Its gravity fed it looks like with the 2 holes that feed down into the wick, Which is what i was looking for, but how does the juice just not start dripping off the cotton and flooding the deck.

Is this actually an issue of should i trust in physics and except it works?

I was hoping it would maybe be a good style for thick vg juices

ceo-rba-2021-mt-essential-1.png

Because the wick gets pushed up against it.

Personally a simple coil at 1 Ohm works best for me with MTL.

Back
Top Bottom