What's new

SXK Billet Box

Martvb60

Achiever
Hi got myself a Billet box after a while of umming and aahing.
My first build with ss316l coming out at about 0.60 ohms was great, decided to rewick today and managet to break the coil.
No problem make a new one so i made a Kanthal A1 24 AWG coming out at about 0.55 ohms on my ohm reader but when i install it in the Billet box the ohms were jumping about between 0.40 and 0.80 ohms. Took it all apart checked for loose wires and shorts and after doing this 3 times i have got it settled down to 0.41 ohms.
This doesnt happen with any of my normal tanks all the readings stay the same unless there is a short. Is this a characteristic of an sxk billet box or is it just me and should i be using Kanthal or should i stick to ss? Sorry about the long post and TIA

Hi got myself a Billet box after a while of umming and aahing.
My first build with ss316l coming out at about 0.60 ohms was great, decided to rewick today and managet to break the coil.
No problem make a new one so i made a Kanthal A1 24 AWG coming out at about 0.55 ohms on my ohm reader but when i install it in the Billet box the ohms were jumping about between 0.40 and 0.80 ohms. Took it all apart checked for loose wires and shorts and after doing this 3 times i have got it settled down to 0.41 ohms.
This doesnt happen with any of my normal tanks all the readings stay the same unless there is a short. Is this a characteristic of an sxk billet box or is it just me and should i be using Kanthal or should i stick to ss? Sorry about the long post and TIA

Check where the bottom of the boro touches the little nipple at the bottom mate.

Have you screwed the drip tip down in nice and tight? This is important on a B.B. because that’s what makes it connect... not wrenched down but needs to be firm [emoji16]

Thanks for the reply @Lee i did clean the little nipple at the bottom and it did seem to help but my 0.41 ohm has now dropped to 0.30 after about 5 puffs although flavour and wicking are both good. Ive got an Exocet on its way soon so i may give it one last strip down and try again tomorrow and if its not any different wait till the new deck turns up and try it with that.

Thanks for the reply @Lee i did clean the little nipple at the bottom and it did seem to help but my 0.41 ohm has now dropped to 0.30 after about 5 puffs although flavour and wicking are both good. Ive got an Exocet on its way soon so i may give it one last strip down and try again tomorrow and if its not any different wait till the new deck turns up and try it with that.

Get a Vapeshell for it. Clones are available if original is too much.

Hi @rew is the Vapeshell more a mouth to lung vape. Iv forgotton how to MTL now. Cheers

Hi @rew is the Vapeshell more a mouth to lung vape. Iv forgotton how to MTL now. Cheers

With the Vapeshell you can do any draw you like. It has airflow inserts for under the coil. So you can go from a quite tight Mtl right up to a full Direct Lung.

Back
Top Bottom