What's new

SXK Billet Box DNA

I8apples

Hi everyone,
Apologies if this has been answered as I did a search and wasn’t able to find anything. I am a new BB user and unsure of settings. I’ve recently gotten a BB and like it a lot, after a month of use, I’ve had to put it away because the wattage mode isn’t working properly. When I try to fire, the wattage starts out really low and does. It even get up to what I set it as. I’ve taken the inners out to check if juice had gotten into the internals. It so far I’ve seen that it’s dry inside. I’ve tried the same bridge in my SXK 70 BB and it fires fine.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks everyone!

Hi everyone,
Apologies if this has been answered as I did a search and wasn’t able to find anything. I am a new BB user and unsure of settings. I’ve recently gotten a BB and like it a lot, after a month of use, I’ve had to put it away because the wattage mode isn’t working properly. When I try to fire, the wattage starts out really low and does. It even get up to what I set it as. I’ve taken the inners out to check if juice had gotten into the internals. It so far I’ve seen that it’s dry inside. I’ve tried the same bridge in my SXK 70 BB and it fires fine.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks everyone!
Have u hooked it up to evolv and see whats going on?
.do u have temp control set?
Do u have a soft preheat.

Need more info

I've had that with dna boards even the dna60 bb I had like you said it starts low then always go's upto wat I set it too never found out why its kinda weird

Have u hooked it up to evolv and see whats going on?
.do u have temp control set?
Do u have a soft preheat.

Need more info
I haven’t hooked it up to evolv, I’ve changed no settings as I’m just a straight wattage user. Its o. Wattage setting and I set it up 35 watts and when I first fire it’ll start at 18 and go up little by little to maybe 25 watts and never stop at the 35 I’ve set. Sometimes the battery symbol will flash and I’ve tried switching to a fresher battery with the same result.

DNA boards show live wattage, temp & resistance so it's normal to see the power increase as you fire. If it's not reaching watts set are you sure it's not in temp mode. Hooking up to Escribe and firing it will give you a visual representation of what's happening.

Assuming you've never changed any of the settings, the first thing I would be checking for behaviour like this would be my battery quality, what batteries are you using?

Next would be to double check my build, do the ohms stay the same?

If the above is fine then the next thing I would try is hooking it up to Evolv and restoring it to defaults, it doesn't quite sound like temp mode as it usually starts at higher wattage and goes down and the temperature should appear on the screen, it sounds closer to Bypass mode as that ramps upwards, but that would display voltage on the screen with BP symbol.

The easiest way to rule out user error is to restore it to defaults and we can take it from there.

Assuming you've never changed any of the settings, the first thing I would be checking for behaviour like this would be my battery quality, what batteries are you using?

Next would be to double check my build, do the ohms stay the same?

If the above is fine then the next thing I would try is hooking it up to Evolv and restoring it to defaults, it doesn't quite sound like temp mode as it usually starts at higher wattage and goes down and the temperature should appear on the screen, it sounds closer to Bypass mode as that ramps upwards, but that would display voltage on the screen with BP symbol.

The easiest way to rule out user error is to restore it to defaults and we can take it from there.

I connected it to Escribe and nothing out of the ordinary. Battery is at 4.1V. I put it into the monitor and setting at 35 watts and when I fire it it goes at most half way. I am completely lost.

I also restored to default settings and still the same...

is it your batteries? what ones are you using and how old?

I've tried Molicel P26 that are maybe a year old and then I've tried brand new Samsung 20S which are brand new. I've opened a ticket with Evolv and they haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Back
Top Bottom