What's new

SXK BB DNA60 inaccurate Ohm reading

I think all mods will have some sort of internal resistance but I’ve also read that sxk don’t configure this but I can be entered in escribe.

re the resistance readings, mine matches what is shown on my ohm reader closely enough so I’ve never really questioned it. However, that doesn’t mean you don’t have a problem with yours.

there’s plenty of happy sxk bb owners so I don’t think there’s inherently an issue with them.

re the dna 75 and how that behaves, the only thing I can offer is that my dna250c doesn’t update in real-time but I’ve seen a thread on here and elsewhere about the 60 giving live readings. There’s an option to lock the resistance, I think you lock the device and then it’s plus and fire or just hold the plus button (from memory).

it’s a shitter but if it’s new you could return for a replacement to see if that’s any better.
I have contacted fasttech regarding the issue with some videos showing whats going on .

From my digging it could be the ground connection which is crap , I mean the whole mod is ground but the 510 adapter that screws in might not be making the best contact with the chimney and the mod ,

Been trying everything really , btw does your jump from on value to another every time you fire ?

Not really because every time I fire it's changing the amount of power and this is what Is pissing me off

it won’t be changing the amount of power. you set the amount of power in watts. that will stay the same.

it won’t be changing the amount of power. you set the amount of power in watts. that will stay the same.
What I mean is the power going to the coil .
If the resistance changed after I fire and it goes up , the vape feels hot , if it goes the vape feels cold and weak .

Do you get my point?

I'm not sure what to suggest really...

Personally I wouldn't worry about a difference of 1.40 ohms and 1.48 ohms cold, I could stick the tank I'm using right now on the few mods I have around me and see significantly bigger differences than that. But I understand you would expect DNA boards to be accurate.

But like you say maybe the board in the BB isn't set up properly. Can you plug it into Escribe and see what's happening in the device monitor?

Maybe the rise in resistance isn't from the coil getting hot but the posts and connections in the vapesnail? The board reads the resistance from the positive side of the board to the negative side of the board right? If it's all clone clobber maybe the chinese pot metal it's made of gains a lot of resistance when it's heated? ... if you see what I mean?

I'm not sure what to suggest really...

Personally I wouldn't worry about a difference of 1.40 ohms and 1.48 ohms cold, I could stick the tank I'm using right now on the few mods I have around me and see significantly bigger differences than that. But I understand you would expect DNA boards to be accurate.

But like you say maybe the board in the BB isn't set up properly. Can you plug it into Escribe and see what's happening in the device monitor?

Maybe the rise in resistance isn't from the coil getting hot but the posts and connections in the vapesnail? The board reads the resistance from the positive side of the board to the negative side of the board right? If it's all clone clobber maybe the chinese pot metal it's made of gains a lot of resistance when it's heated? ... if you see what I mean?
I hear what you're saying ,

Definitely something is up with it ,

Bought some aspire nautilus coils today that I used for a long time and I know what kind of vape to expect ,I'll try and see if these ones have any different effect .

I expect these coils to behave properly

What I mean is the power going to the coil .
If the resistance changed after I fire and it goes up , the vape feels hot , if it goes the vape feels cold and weak .

Do you get my point?

the power would stay the same, it would stay where you set it at. the voltage that would change. if you watch the screen while firing it you should be able to see this. but i think it would be negligible.

i get that it’s annoying you but i think it might be that the bb and the other mod you are using just display the information differently, like @onion suggested.

I have this in my sevo 70, I woke mine apart, changed the coil and cleaned it top to bottom

When putting together make sure not to cross thread the peek insulator to the positive post

should lock it in a bit better

I have this in my sevo 70, I woke mine apart, changed the coil and cleaned it top to bottom

When putting together make sure not to cross thread the peek insulator to the positive post

should lock it in a bit better
I mean I bought 1.6 and 1.8 aspire Nautilus , and the cold reading us 1.86 and 2.3 respectively . Once I fire the mod it just jumps around .

Sent some videos to fasttech , hopefully they replace this , something is up

Back
Top Bottom