What's new

SxK 70w to DNA 60?

Excellent job, how does it compare to the 70w sxk board?

It's a much cleaner signal and smoother hit overall. The only reason I really switched this one is because a friend got juice all through the inside and it actually caused the screen solder joint, which sits right at the bottom of the mod, to seperate. I would advise everyone to clean them up if you dump juice. I've had both of these boards in other devices and have always liked the DNA products. The only boards that I think are equal are the yihi. Not sure which I like better between the two.

It's a much cleaner signal and smoother hit overall. The only reason I really switched this one is because a friend got juice all through the inside and it actually caused the screen solder joint, which sits right at the bottom of the mod, to seperate. I would advise everyone to clean them up if you dump juice. I've had both of these boards in other devices and have always liked the DNA products. The only boards that I think are equal are the yihi. Not sure which I like better between the two.

I agree, I modded a DNA 40 squonker I had to a DNA 60, awesome board

@Tony Z how did you end up wiring the up/down switch.

Screen has gone on my 70w and thinking of putting a dna40 i have in there instead.

also did you have problems removing the old screen as i've had a quick look and it seems to be stuck down quite well

hate to bump a old thread on my first post but i must find out about this and find Duplicate threads worse. sold all my vapes to get a billex box clone SXK (70w) and its no longer working. i want to get it working again and this looks to be cheapest method. how was the +/- wattage buttons wired up in the end? also how was the wire length was any modifications made to accommodate the DNA 60 chip?

BBC051EF-18DF-4EA0-9FC7-089893071681.jpeg
hate to bump a old thread on my first post but i must find out about this and find Duplicate threads worse. sold all my vapes to get a billex box clone SXK (70w) and its no longer working. i want to get it working again and this looks to be cheapest method. how was the +/- wattage buttons wired up in the end? also how was the wire length was any modifications made to accommodate the DNA 60 chip?

It wasn’t that hard. I did one for my friend and myself. I’ll attach a pic so you can see how the +/- was wired. I basically unsoldered the old chip, and soldered the DNA board using the same wire. Hardest thing was removing the old screen. Lol.

View attachment 160705

It wasn’t that hard. I did one for my friend and myself. I’ll attach a pic so you can see how the +/- was wired. I basically unsoldered the old chip, and soldered the DNA board using the same wire. Hardest thing was removing the old screen. Lol.
I'm in the same boat as my sxk has died, it's only weeks old, supplier has said they will refund if I can repair it, there is dna 40 with big screen on the bay for 20 quid I can't find a guide anywhere though

Took apart and juice from condensation is leaking from the contact under tank, I've sprayed up with contact cleaner and left in airing cupboard, I plan to put a blob of silicone underneath the pin where wire connects, might solve future issues.

You will have to replace the screen as well as the chip, as long as the cradle for the chip is not too different it should be an easy job.

Take the back off and have a look. I have converted a couple of DNA 40 mods to DNA 60 without too many problems. The main difference being the cradle being a different shape - a dremel can sort that ;)
Do you perhaps know where to buy the board from... DNA60

Successful swap!!! It's not a bad swap at all. You can solder everything to the board ,except the out wire to the 510, while the board is out of the box. If anyone needs any help just hit me up. There were only a few small spots that had me scratching my head.View attachment 132534
Mate where did you buy the DNA board from ???

Back
Top Bottom