What's new

SxK 70w to DNA 60?

Tony Z

Postman
Does anyone know if the swap to a DNA60 from the SXK 70 is possible without crazy mods to the box?

Should be possible due they both have big screens.

You could talk with dre aka @xx3dge he probably knows ;)

You will have to replace the screen as well as the chip, as long as the cradle for the chip is not too different it should be an easy job.

Take the back off and have a look. I have converted a couple of DNA 40 mods to DNA 60 without too many problems. The main difference being the cradle being a different shape - a dremel can sort that ;)

Question on wiring the off board buttons. The SXK 70 has a 3 wire up and down component with 2 wires for the up and down and one for the ground. Looking at the DNA60 board specs it shows the up and down buttons both having a ground. Can I just run the single ground to one and leave the other open? Any help would be great.
IMG_20170629_000023122.jpg
Screenshot_20170629-000148.png

Successful swap!!! It's not a bad swap at all. You can solder everything to the board ,except the out wire to the 510, while the board is out of the box. If anyone needs any help just hit me up. There were only a few small spots that had me scratching my head.
IMG_20170701_221031041_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Successful swap!!! It's not a bad swap at all. You can solder everything to the board ,except the out wire to the 510, while the board is out of the box. If anyone needs any help just hit me up. There were only a few small spots that had me scratching my head.View attachment 132534
Well done that man!

Successful swap!!! It's not a bad swap at all. You can solder everything to the board ,except the out wire to the 510, while the board is out of the box. If anyone needs any help just hit me up. There were only a few small spots that had me scratching my head.View attachment 132534
Excellent job, how does it compare to the 70w sxk board?

Back
Top Bottom