POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register
  1. The POTV Charity Fundraising Event for 2019 is go! Check out the prizes and make your donations here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sxk 70w temperature control

Discussion in 'Billet Box' started by Cdr_Shep, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Cdr_Shep

Cdr_Shep Initiate

I recently bought a vape shell & have been wrapping some fused ss316L Clapton coils to go in it.

I’ve noticed that in temp control holding down the power button & down button simultaneously gives access to a TCR menu with a scale from 0-100. There seems to be a lot of conflicting advice online about what this setting should be, with several websites saying it should be >100 for the particular kind of coils I’ve been wrapping.

I understand that this setting is changed based on the coefficient of resistance for materials within particular temperature ranges, but wanted to post here for some specific billet box & vape shell combo advice.

Can anyone suggest the particular setting they use, or how to vary & test different TCR settings with this set up?

2. domejunky

domejunky Moderator Staff Member

I found it a bit confusing at first. Stealthvape have the number listed as 879. These numbers are actually decimals. So Stealthvape's number should be 0.000879. in terms of the SXK interface this should be 87, or 88 if you round up, rather than just truncating the 9

There's a good thread here:

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...d-vaping/threads/tcr-values-for-ss316.108214/

Having said all that, I found the temp control on the SXK to be junk - didn't work for me at all

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cdr_Shep

Cdr_Shep Initiate

Thanks, that’s a bit clearer.

What differences did you find with the DNA board in terms of temp control? Did you get a more consistent temperature vape, or were you getting dry hits with the sxk? What was different? I’m not sure how to tell whether I’m getting the temp control right or not.

4. domejunky

domejunky Moderator Staff Member

The SXK was all over the place for me - super hot, burning cotton. Then no vapour at all. I've played with DNAs and YiHis a fair bit, so it wasn't user error. I was even able to put the Borro straight into a DNA60, and it behaves as expected

5. Cdr_Shep

Cdr_Shep Initiate

Interesting. I haven’t had huge leaps in temperature, but it’s not reliable. Sometimes I’m getting almost no vapour at all, but that can be due to me being stingy with the wattage that I’ll give the coil. Once it’s heated up it tends to be fairly consistent. In my limited experience.

6. Shayen

Shayen Member

Hello,

Just received my BB sxk 60 but i didn't found the way to enter the set up mode... Holding both fire & up does not work...

Thanks

7. MavicP

MavicP Postman

Press your fire button 5 times and then hold down the +/- buttons, that should put you in the right place.

8. Vapaneezer Scrooge

Vapaneezer Scrooge Vendor

Glad this post came up, I took a guess at 80 so learnt something new :)

I did try the SXK but found I couldn't get a happy medium, the DNA's have been better.

That said most of my builds are MTL over 1 Ohm, the only bridge I've found TC useful for is the Insider (only one I had dry hits from), the rest are fine in normal wattage.

• Like Like x 1