What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Switch magnets for mech.

RAPTOREX

Achiever
I'm looking for a shop, or Ape, who might have some magnets for my Panzer.
They need to be, no more than 11.5mm diameter with a id of no less than 5.5mm . Looking for around N40-45.
I'd be grateful for any pointers.

The only other piece of advice I can give is to buy some thinner ones and make up to suit like purge do, then just buy the highest Nxx you can find. That way you can vary the throw strength. All depends on the depth you have to play with.

The only other piece of advice I can give is to buy some thinner ones and make up to suit like purge do, then just buy the highest Nxx you can find. That way you can vary the throw strength. All depends on the depth you have to play with.
The only ones they do, assuming I've searched right, are these. Will they do the trick. The switch throw is only about 3mm, with the spring fitted.
https://www.guysmagnets.com/neodymi...5-mm-x-6-35-mm-x-1-mm-n52-neodymium-ring-p486

Sometimes you just gotta have a go at the ball @RAPTOREX , see if you make a connection. I dunno if they'll fit, you might have to buy a slightly bigger or smaller set depending on what you find. If you had a set of calipers it'd take a lot of the guesswork out it.

Sometimes you just gotta have a go at the ball @RAPTOREX , see if you make a connection. I dunno if they'll fit, you might have to buy a slightly bigger or smaller set depending on what you find. If you had a set of calipers it'd take a lot of the guesswork out it.
I have go callipers. That's where the measurements I first stated came from. the cavity inside the switch is 12.1 id the switch shaft is 5.4mm. Throw is 3mm.
I'm more than happy to take a chance. Just didn't want it to be too much of a chance.

Last edited:
aye, the throw is 3mm, but that doesn't include the compressed spring, so it should leave ample space :)

aye, the throw is 3mm, but that doesn't include the compressed spring, so it should leave ample space :)
That's how I hoped. And I've only got 8 extra magnets. Lol.:2thumbsup: Still may help another ape, if they want to go that way I'm sure I saw someone had bought one quite recently.
As always most grateful for your help.

Back
Top Bottom