What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Sticky Tutorial on BB settings needed?

I'll take it a step further, yes agreed, the original does feel much more in the hand. But, I found after buying two clones that the feel in the hand between Fasttech supplied SXK and NatureVape supplied SXK Billets, was of a slightly different quality. The NatureVape BB seems to be better finished, smoother panels, maybe more refined and I think the contact pin sits more flush, like an original.
Both have a DNA60 chip, but when I hook them up to EScribe software, I can change the welcome message on the NV BB but, not the FT SXK...? They should respond similarly to customising the screen, but the FT BB doesn't..?
They're all different but obviously, the original wins any comparison hands down everywhere, except one area, it's the one which will dump juice in your hand after a fill of the Boro.
I think you said before @Rob that you removed the Boro to fill it, which I have now started doing, with much less messy results, so there is something to be said for that method.

Love them all though, just like the kids, one of them is always more problematic and needs more attention.

Both have a DNA60 chip, but when I hook them up to EScribe software, I can change the welcome message on the NV BB but, not the FT SXK...? They should respond similarly to customising the screen, but the FT BB doesn't..?

The SXK DNA60 BB I bought from legendgadget works fine with EScribe...

As with all chinese gear it's probably luck of the draw... It may just have a broken wire or dry solder joint on the wires to the USB port maybe?:
P6298520c.jpg

P6298521c.jpg

So I am finally getting around to sorting this BB Guide but I am certainly not the expert on the subject especially on genuine BB's.

I will be going onto more in depth details and photos later but I have started with questions I had when I first got the bug.

I really need some co-writing help with this so I am going to post sections asking for corrections and additional information.

YOUR BB COMMUNITY NEEDS YOU :22:

Here's the start of the FAQ's which I already feel out of my depth on, especially the near blank last question.

------------------------------------

Billet Box FAQ, Advice & Tips

Some simple Frequently Asked Questions.
More in depth details and user advice further down the page.

What is a Billet Box?
The Billet Box is an AIO (All In One) which is a very versatile device for both MTL & DTL, it features a Boro Tank which can accommodate multiple standard coils and RBA’s, it is compact with removable panels, it is also variable wattage as well as TC (Temperature Control), the size is fairly compact and pocket friendly, powered by a single 18650 battery.

What is a Boro Tank?
The Boro Tank is a removable box and glass lid shell which houses the coils, RBA’s and required bridges, you build and then insert the coil and bridge inside the Boro, slide the glass back in and fill with e-liquid.

What’s all the fuss about? Why is the Billet Box so popular?
This one is tricky to answer simply, one of its main strengths is it sheer versatility, an all in one (AIO) which you can customise the vape to suit your style as well as the ability to transform it into an entirely different vape, it is one of those devices that oozes glass and feels high end, it’s not until you get your hands on one that you really get it, I ignored it for too long, I borrowed one and before the day was out I HAD to get one! It soon became and still is my all-time favourite vape kit.
It is almost a hobby in itself and has its own helpful community.

What’s a Bridge?
A bridge is an extension piece that connects your chosen coil or RBA to the mouthpiece to complete the circuit, they vary depending on the coil type or RBA and are often included with most RBA’s, you also get and Aspire Nautilus bridge to enable easy Nautilus installation as well as a Kangertech bridge.

Aren’t they rare? Where can I buy one?
The originals are becoming rarer; very few people part with theirs.

Just added this, again revise away or advise:

Are clones any good?
Clones are not condoned by POTV as they are harming the hard work of the original creators.
However price and rarity often leave you with little choice so clones can be appealing and a cheaper introduction of the Billet Box, purists won’t touch them but they are some very good clones, SXK has 2 versions, 1 using its own chipset (SXK70) but the better one comes with a DNA60 chipset, a little more expensive but far more reliable and can be customised with Evolv software.

Template so far is:
  • FAQ
  • Anatomy of the Billet Box (with Photos).
  • Available Bridges.
  • DNA60 Controls and settings.
  • SXK70 Controls and settings.
  • Customisation Options.
  • Advisory maintenance. (with Photos)
  • Basic RBA Build Guide.
  • Condensation Solutions.
  • Tear-down, Upgrade to DNA & Spare Parts.
  • Where to find authentic Billet Box's.
  • Useful Links.
  • Top Tips.

Last edited:
Dead horse flogged, I can't do it on my own as I only know about clones and limited knowledge at that, this is wasting top space as a sticky @Rob can you unstick it or remove?

Not bitter btw, just being practical :)

I'll have a closer look when we return from a horrendous Trolley Dash :)

Back
Top Bottom