What's new

Sticky Tutorial on BB settings needed?

I’ll start off with answering the question about which coin we use on the 510.
Ironically... a sixpence is pretty much perfect, especially if one uses Flush 510s, no danger of damaging th BB itself, which “could” happen with a larger Coin.

Ironically... a sixpence is pretty much perfect, especially if one uses Flush 510s, no danger of damaging th BB itself, which “could” happen with a larger Coin.

Showing your age now Rob...:18:

Showing your age now Rob...:18:
No, but found a use for all the 6/d I have from guitar playing days. I could have mentioned the Silver Threepenny bit, glad I didn’t.

Not really, I could fit it on a BB with the 510 adaptor below, it would only have a slight overhang of 7mm a side.
I was going to do a photo but I had a problem with my camera, it was too far away to reach :D
BB-Pod.jpg

2p or not 2p that is the question

Derailment so early on? You sure you want this as a sticky?

Boros are not created equal :)
Whilst you can use either in the SXK or Authentic the Boro from an authentic is rather more substantially made. The shoulders are thicker, the Gasket is rather better quality than on the SXK and I find stays in place better.
The easiest way to tell the difference between a clone Boro and the real one is to look at the back. The real one appears to a ribbed appearance whilst the clone doesn’t share this feature. It does have some to be said that they both work superbly, but the aficionados being as they are, will turn their noses up at anything that smacks of clone :)

The gasket is also a different colour between the authentic and clone
The clone is bright orange the authentic is a much darker red

Derailed again? ho hum ...

Can't remember who said this recently, I hope I got the quote right ....

SXK is wool, Original is more cash.

Exactly what I thought......... until we got the first authentic. VERY hard to quantify exactly what it is that make such a difference, but whatever it is......... There is quite a difference when in the hand. :)

Back
Top Bottom