What's new

SMPL clones back on FT

oldhippydude

Veteran
I just noticed this though they were listed a while ago.
They are calling it the SP 18650

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10064930/9709146-sp-18650-hybrid-mechanical-mod

I have no idea if it is a good one but it might be worth a try, if you have been missing them, I know from another thread that at least one person is.

It looks to me very similar to my v1 smpl clones and If I required more I would probably give it a go.
I would worry about the review saying that the button does not recess with a battery in it, if more than one person said it but perhaps he tried it with a button top cell.

The guy that says the button is different, is comparing a v2 button with a v1, he also claims the tube has a join in the middle that nobody else can see.

In short if you have been looking for a clone SMPL this might be worth a try.
If you are not familiar with the SMPL then it is not really suited to low builds as I have seen reports of buttons getting hot with coils below 0.3 ohms. If you build above that and want an 18650 mech that is ass small as they come then worth thinking about.

If anybody tries it, please let us know if it is any good or not.

Thanks for the heads up @oldhippydude [emoji4] I've been looking for a black 22mm tube for a while but not found anything in the UK and I usually don't look at China sites as I don't order from there but I'll get someone to order me one and let you know what it's like when it arrives [emoji4][emoji12]

Thanks for the heads up @oldhippydude [emoji4] I've been looking for a black 22mm tube for a while but not found anything in the UK and I usually don't look at China sites as I don't order from there but I'll get someone to order me one and let you know what it's like when it arrives [emoji4][emoji12]
Can I help bud? [emoji2]

Can I help bud? [emoji2]
Your a legend mate thanks [emoji4] but I don't have any money until next week for some reason my elf on a shelf needed £50 worth of crap like outfits and a bed and sleigh and all manner of crap he's never gonna use so I'll pm you over weekend if you don't mind mate

Your a legend mate thanks [emoji4] but I don't have any money until next week for some reason my elf on a shelf needed £50 worth of crap like outfits and a bed and sleigh and all manner of crap he's never gonna use so I'll pm you over weekend if you don't mind mate
No worries mate, our elf has his own (fake) CCTV camera and last night spread chocolate coins all round the bloody room, thank christ we have not got to buying outfits for the bloody thing!

No worries mate, our elf has his own (fake) CCTV camera and last night spread chocolate coins all round the bloody room, thank christ we have not got to buying outfits for the bloody thing!
We have a camera too [emoji23] and mine was sat on the cereal box shitting chocolate buttons all over it while vaping a juul [emoji23]

I know what ours will be doing tonight now [emoji23]
Tonight mines waring a white apron and chopping all the Lego men in half out the kids Harry potter sets with a toy knife my living room floors gonna look like a Lego crime scene [emoji23]

Definitely a styled upon than a straight SMPL clone - switch contact is completely different from the original/old old clones that had a springclip holding it together.
My first mech was an SMPL clone about 5 years ago, and a Derringer clone for on top, and both were as 1:1 as they could be - provided I kept the switch spotless I could run it at 0.2. Bloody loved that setup, latterly I picked up A Wotofo Amod SMPL and I much preferred the first one I had over the AMOD, switch was bloody sharp on that bugger!

I tried looking for a genuine SMPL a year or so ago but they're impossible to verify, so I started looking for an SMPL+ but couldn't find one second hand anywhere, and they were too pricey new and no stock anywhere. Superb form factor on the SMPL, I ran a Lemo Drop on mine for a long time and it was a stonking vape!

Memories, like the corners of my mind... [emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom