What's new

Series mech - what are the best builds for them?

Cheers everyone. I’m ok with my ohms law, safe resistances, coiling to a required resistance etc.

Just never vaped at 8.4v. The single coil getting too hot makes sense, so I’ll try a dual coil. I have some 26g kanthal so maybe a couple of 3mm inner diameter, loads of wrap coils will do the job.

Thanks for all the input so far, I really appreciate it. [emoji106]

The last time I attempted a series build I went high and put in dual 24g kanthal at mega wraps for 0.9

Even that was a bit hot in my goon, while it should have only been around 70w

II’m all up to speed with mechs, kinda know what I like and what I don’t like. ... Using a dual coil on a mech I’m often at about 0.18-0.22ohms using some SS clapton type coils. I did think I could try a single coil rda with the same coil, meaning it would come in at 0.4ish ohms. Would this be a bit much though, setting fire to wicks etc etc. ... ..

hi, further to joe clay, rereading your initial message partly quoted above, would seriously recommend to use a higher ohms per meter and start with someting clearly above 1 ohm. above giving idea you estimate roughly double power 1x18650 vs 2x18650, but at 3.7 Volt and 0.3 Ohm you end up at 45 watts, at 7.4 Volt and 0.3 Ohm you can expect 182 watt.

May be my misinterpretation, caseyes please ignore, had to make sure anyway, stacking series has to be done with respect

EDIT: "The single coil getting too hot makes sense, so I’ll try a dual coil" : you are testing us, trying to find out how the users are dealing with such, right?

Last edited:
@Michaeltoo - I was just after any feedback on using series mechs. I have mine setup with dual coils coming in at 0.5ohms.

It’s certainly feisty but within the batteries’ amp limits. Of course I plan on keeping safe, but I decided on having a series mech mainly so I can play about with some silly clouds.

For me it’s something to use to in the evenings, to have a bit of fun with.

But no, I’m not testing anyone, just seeing what builds and setups people are using for their series mechs. [emoji16][emoji106]

@tobywonkanobi - the noisy cricket 1 being so small and affordable it is a nice alternative for the day as well, below is what i carry around these days, 28 ga ni/chr 80 at 2.5 ohms is a nice cool vape. just for your collection

Noisy Cricket tame.jpg

884D1280-4386-499F-B599-212BF5A3FF74.png
really depends on the sort vape you like, my favourites are usually a some big fused claptons between 0.35 -0.4 around there, some of the coil builders out there make some nice aliens for series mods, I'm more towards the rowdy side with series

Hey dude,

Just did a ‘0.3 series’ search in forum and came across this thread...

Just bought the attached and a set of Samsung 20s to go with me mcm udg v

Where can I go with this wire you reckon? 3.5-4.0mm ID 7-9wraps. Your suggestions, or anyone else’s, would be great....

Thanks

Lou

I use smuts coils,big aliens,for both my series mechs and boy are they good! One in a goon other in a bonza which is my fave even though it’s cheaper! Enjoy your series,love mine in the evening [emoji106][emoji106]just to add these ohm at 0.4 on the nose

Back
Top Bottom