What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Sauce boss mech mod

Amnesiac

Postman
20200515_115421.jpg
20200515_115405.jpg

Hi guys, has anyone seen/used one of these? There is no indication of which way round the battery should be inserted, just looking for some advice before I try it out. Thanks

Never seen one like that before but Cuttwood don’t make mods, they are a juice manufacturer, the mod looks similar to a limitless to me, so I’d guess it’s just a cuttwood branded sleeve on the mod, there was a cuttwood branded hexohm a few year ago, but it was still made by craving vapour and the battery will go positive up into the mod, also make sure your using a battery with safe amp limit for your build...

What are the two smaller round metal looking things up at the top by the 510 pin ?

I would normally expect to put the + to the top but those two unidentified things confuse me.

Those look like venting holes to me. If it has an insulated inner sleeve then positive up.

If you are right then even more reason for pos up.
Well, that depends...

According to Mooch, there is no definite right way for the battery, it's up to the user and what safety aspect they think is more important.

If you think venting holes should go at the positive end, because that's the end that cells usually vent from, then do it that way.

If you worry about unseen damage to battery wraps causing a hard short on your battery and causing thermal runaway, then on a mod with no insulating inner sleeve, it should be positive down.

The gas pressure from a cell venting is relatively low, and won't cause a mod to explode, either way, the gas can escape even if the cell swells up.

The energy release from thermal runaway can turn any mod into a pipe bomb, regardless of where the venting holes are in relation to the positive end of the cell.

There are 4 vent holes at the top, I have tried it positive up and all seems to be running well... thank you for the help gentlemen

Back
Top Bottom