What's new

Samsung 30T vs Molicel P42A

JackyLFC

Postman
Afternoon folks,

Id be interested to hear peoples thoughts on which high power battery they prefer for 21700 mechs, builds you run on them etc.

I've read Mooch's report on them and he states the P42a competes with the 30T at 30A. Only the 30T hits harder for the first stage of discharge and the Molicel holds its voltage better for the remainder of the charge. I cant figure out which one i prefer lol so i run both in my mechs with builds from 0.12-0.2ohms. The Samsung deffo feels like it hits harder off the charge, and i switch out pretty quick so if i had to pick one id lean towards the 30T.

I also believe the Molicel is apparently approved by themselves for use in vaping devices.

So which do you guys use/prefer?

I have one of each but I trust Molicel more than Samsung.
only got Samsung because the Molicel was out of stock.

Molicell all the way!

Depends what you want. If, like me you're happy to swap out the 30Ts often, then the 30t is the way to go. But it's true a 42a will give good power for longer, after the first 10 or so hits. But nothing hits harder than a 30T. Which is why it's my choice.
Please don't be offended, but if you're looking for battery longevity, use a regulated mod.
Mechs are about looks and power. In my view.

the above said. I'm moving to Molicel, with all my regulated mods. Just using the 20s and 30T for Mechs.

Depends what you want. If, like me you're happy to swap out the 30Ts often, then the 30t is the way to go. But it's true a 42a will give good power for longer, after the first 10 or so hits. But nothing hits harder than a 30T. Which is why it's my choice.
Please don't be offended, but if you're looking for battery longevity, use a regulated mod.
Mechs are about looks and power. In my view.

the above said. I'm moving to Molicel, with all my regulated mods. Just using the 20s and 30T for Mechs.

Pretty much my thinking on them, just trying to gauge how others feel about the two.

I wouldn't say im after longevity, i replace my cells every 6 months anyway especially if ive run them hard, in mechs. I run molicels in my regulated as they are rated the best all rounders by mooch, the p26a 18650s that is.
Exactly you just can't beat the power delivery you get from a mech, yes you can set the equivalent on a regulated. There is just something different in the way they hit. Especially down the lower ends. If it means i recycle batteries earlier than so be it :)

I have one of each but I trust Molicel more than Samsung.
only got Samsung because the Molicel was out of stock.

Molicell all the way!

Interesting that you trust Molicell over Samsung. Why is this?

I'd never heard of Molicell until i read the reports by Mooch.

Really good cells though :D

I have much more experience of Samsungs shoddy products & don't forgive easy!

Molicels reputation much better :dance:

Phones that break just from being in your pocket, 1000's of £2000+ TV's with power supply fault made them fail
just after 2 year warranty ran out and no solution offered.
The list is endless!

Phones that break just from being in your pocket, 1000's of £2000+ TV's with power supply fault made them fail
just after 2 year warranty ran out and no solution offered.
The list is endless!
I had a feeling that's what you were going to say. Please understand that massive global companies like Samsung consist of dozens of divisions which operate with practical autonomy from one another.

Samsung's battery division has a stellar reputation among those who are most qualified to know and have the most to gain or lose by their purchases from them. They produce and sell hundreds of millions of batteries a year. Even if every other product under the Samsung label utterly sucked, that would not change the magnificent performance of their battery division.

Additionally, Mooch, our patron battery saint and true expert (though he says no in typical self deprecating fashion) has been testing and enthusiastically recommending various Samsung batteries for at least 5 years. No offense intended, but I'll take his word over yours :)

Of course its just my opinion, nothing else.
I never said you had to take anything anywhere! Mine or anyone elses.
I just don't like crap built to break, go in landfill, rinse & repeat:54:

Of course its just my opinion, nothing else.
I never said you had to take anything anywhere! Mine or anyone elses.
I just don't like crap built to break, go in landfill, rinse & repeat:54:
Then you'll love Samsung's excellent batteries. Molicel batteries are excellent too btw. I'm not taking anything away from them. I have numerous batteries from both companies.

Back
Top Bottom